• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

regional pilots scared

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, it was put in while you were here working at this company, due to an accident that happened while you were working here. Why the "your" training program and "your" company talk?

WMU works for Mesaba.

And they like it more while there prego!

701EV

I'll whip every last one of FOX's/CNN's/MSNBC's "industry spokesman/experts USELESS TELE CHATTER MOUTHS." I'm done being reasonable in this industry. I miss the respect a good old fashion A$$ kickin can gain. This industry has done nothing but fuel hatred and the demoralization of human decency. Come on over you latte drinking, Brooks Brother city slickin pu$$ys and let rural America fix your publicized stupidity. :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:bomb::uzi: "F" YOU.....

Just want to echo your anger about their stupidity, although I have nothing against Brooks Brother's or latte's or "city folk" per se.

You will notice though that anyone who actually knows anything about this type of thing will keep their trap shut because either:

A. They do not fly that particular type of aircraft so they understand that there are many things which they cannot speak to.

B. They feel it is inappropriate to monday morning quarterback any decision that a pilot made which turned out wrong.**

C. Both A and B

Fox and MSNBC and CNN are left with Joe Weekend Warrier who loves the camera and says that Carb Ice COULD have been a problem on CJC3407. (Hey girls, I'm a PILOT, wanna come back to my place and suck face?)

**(How many people tell Sully that if he had heeded the "birds in the vicinity of the airport" NOTAM and not taken off, US Airways would be +1 A320). Not to diminish anything he did (God forbid) but Sully had some LUCK on his side too. Doesn't work that way huh.

You did full stalls at FL-370 in what?

701EV

Sorry should have been more clear! Our instructor had us do a few stalls at 37000 in a Erj-145 sim. He thought it was very important that we see it and feel it!

Sorry should have been more clear! Our instructor had us do a few stalls at 37000 in a Erj-145 sim. He thought it was very important that we see it and feel it!

We did one too at 350 in the sim at TSA...

High Altitude stalls and low speed demonstrations are very important training. Crews need to know how to recover during all phases of flight that aren't SOP. Learning that you can't power out of getting below the green line is critical. You must lose ALT and speed up to SOP climb speeds. For us it's 290/.74 on the 900. Sweptback wings are a different animal, that is why flying SOP is so critical. Besides I don't get paid to work extra and figure out how to fly a different way.

Too often from the very beginning, students are taught "stalls" instead of stall recovery. My company finally figured that one out and took the part about getting into a stall out of the books. Now they tell you how to configure the airplane. When you get the shaker, make it stop.

Are you doing stalls or approaches to stalls? Big difference. Slowing to the shaker and then adding power to recover does not count as stalling.

Actually both, in the simulator.
As part of our company training I am proficient in slowing to the onset of the shaker and then recovering from both a "departure" scenario and an "arrival" scenario and an "en route" scenario.
I am also a fortunate sole who has trained to proficiency, in the simulator, doing full stalls by turning of the stall "pusher". The shaker fires, we continue to pull until we achieve a stall, add power and recover.
I don't if this counts but it's the best I can do.

When you get the shaker, make it stop.
Up until now, it's actually "stay" in the shaker while you minimize altitude loss, with max thrust applied. A proper stall recovery, as per CRJ profiles, means you stay in the shaker for quite a bit (especially in the landing stall profile), as you wait for airspeed to crawl back up and VSI trend to increase. Only then do we finally break the nose down.

Latest resources

Back