• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

regional pilots scared

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll whip every last one of FOX's/CNN's/MSNBC's "industry spokesman/experts USELESS TELE CHATTER MOUTHS." I'm done being reasonable in this industry. I miss the respect a good old fashion A$$ kickin can gain. This industry has done nothing but fuel hatred and the demoralization of human decency. Come on over you latte drinking, Brooks Brother city slickin pu$$ys and let rural America fix your publicized stupidity. :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:bomb::uzi: "F" YOU.....

Don't confuse intimidation with respect. However, I agree there has to be a change in how we're viewed. But with airline mgmts leading the pack of demoralizing their front-line employees, I don't think there will be any changes soon.

Ya. We don't do any training at the regional airlines. We don't have check rides or exams either. They pretty much just let us fly around all day, and the FAA doesn't watch us either. It's just fun and games all the time.

Up until now, it's actually "stay" in the shaker while you minimize altitude loss, with max thrust applied. A proper stall recovery, as per CRJ profiles, means you stay in the shaker for quite a bit (especially in the landing stall profile), as you wait for airspeed to crawl back up and VSI trend to increase. Only then do we finally break the nose down.

for the love of god please don't tell me that is the profile to hold it in the stick shaker and try not to lose ALTITUDE!!!! Please call bombardier/FAA/other airlines and learn that this is wrong!!!!!

for the love of god please don't tell me that is the profile to hold it in the stick shaker and try not to lose ALTITUDE!!!! Please call bombardier/FAA/other airlines and learn that this is wrong!!!!!
Until our stall profiles went away, it is what it is. ESPECIALLY in the landing stall, once you stalled and the autopilot kicked off, max thrust, spoilers in, and then you had to pull back (though slightly) to stay in the flight director. That was profile. Until positive rate, then flaps 8 gear up, etc. Even for the takeoff stall, entered a 20 degree bank, once the shaker goes off, max thrust spoilers in, but you pretty much "hold it there" as you level the wings. Shaker continues to go off as your speed slowly comes back up, and VSI trend goes positive, and THEN you break the nose down and keep it within +/- 100 ft.

It is what it is, don't shoot the messenger. These stall profiles are too unrealistic. Get ready for realistic scenarios, like a turn from base to final with flaps 30 and full spoilers as one tries to correct a lil' high lil' fast situation, with the head out for the runway, and wham, stick shaker. Now recover. This is more realistic. Time will tell, but expect changes in stall profiles, and training, to include all the way to the pusher.

Latest resources

Back