Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional pilot tries to run down cops with plane!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was a MAINLINE PILOT!!!

Thank you Captain Obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.answers.com/topic/sarcasm

Maybe you don't get out much-but it is common on this forum to point out crazy crap mainline guys have pulled, and assign the "regional" label to these guys-since many of them incessantly bash regional people as being less qualified, under-skilled, and imply many other unsavory attributes.

-Damn

The Code Enforcement Officials in question had been known to ask about oil quantity in an airplane's engine and when you answered appropriately for a large engine they would write a citation for illegally storing oil.

No, I'm not making that up.

At my local airport (not Griffin) where Dad and I helped lay out and build the taxiways with our own supplies they decided we could not drive on the ramp without signing up for their vehicle safety course, that they did not offer. Same with washing an airplane, now it is "illegal" without their also unavailable HazMat course. But the airport manager's buddy will wash your airplane for a few hundred dollars. Apparently he's the only one qualified and most of the time the guy has Mexicans spraying 401 on everything in sight (not good for aluminum).

At small airports driving your car out and parking by your airplane is a regular occurrence. For some reason the "Code Enforcement Officials" feel that only they can drive around the ramp - go figure.

Griffin's just trying to hide the fact they permitted a bunch of building in the airport's required runway clear zone and now they want to have all the big airplanes move off field before someone does another aborted take off and blows up the Piggly Wiggley (no, not kidding about that either)

O.K. I am calling B.S. on this sentence.. Can you find me a specific copy of a case for this? Please-I would absolutely LOVE to see that. If such a thing exists, it would win some sort of an award-for sure. Please-get me more info on that oil citation. I don't buy that one for a second.

-All things considered-you still should not get into a pissing contest with any officer-no matter how big of a turd he or she may be... Just take your citations to court and tell it to the judge.

-And please-for the love of God-Do Not get into the largest piece of machinery in sight, crank it up, and threaten to run over anyone. Even the appearance of doing anything like that is just crazy.

Latest resources

Back