Regional Pay ATC Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pinkbush said:
We as pilots need to continue forcing the industry in the direction SKYW leads us. Fly 99 and below for 50 pay. This future is inevitable. I'm on board. As long as there's individuals out there like myself who JUST WANT TO FLY, the bar will continue to be lowered. I love what I do though and money's not gonna be a deciding factor for my happiness.
Was this meant to be flame bait or sarcasm? :rolleyes:

I don't agree with SKW's one rate payscale, but SKW's 50-99 seat rate is right about even with Mesa's -900 rate. Once you take into account per-diem, bonuses, stock purchase plans, and 401K matching, a -200 driver at SKW takes home more than a Mesa -900 driver.

pinkbush said:
We as pilots need to continue forcing the industry in the direction SKYW leads us. Fly 99 and below for 50 pay. This future is inevitable. I'm on board. As long as there's individuals out there like myself who JUST WANT TO FLY, the bar will continue to be lowered. I love what I do though and money's not gonna be a deciding factor for my happiness.

Flame bait

Sarcasm. Viper....you see what others are so blind to. Great post, even though you dont agree. QOL at SKW is known to be high also. Not even close to Mesa and many others. That really counts for something.

Some people seem to think pay for pilots should almost be indexed to other fields.

The main problem with pilot pay, is that we have so many whores in the industry, that no one has any reason to pay a lot of money, where as in other fields, they do have to pay a lot of money.

People can blame evil management all they want, but I place more blame on those who work for next to nothing, for free or even pay to fly. It does have an effect on pay, and the attitude of ME ME ME, is a big reason why pay is so bad

414Flyer said:
Some people seem to think pay for pilots should almost be indexed to other fields.

The main problem with pilot pay, is that we have so many whores in the industry, that no one has any reason to pay a lot of money, where as in other fields, they do have to pay a lot of money.

People can blame evil management all they want, but I place more blame on those who work for next to nothing, for free or even pay to fly. It does have an effect on pay, and the attitude of ME ME ME, is a big reason why pay is so bad.

We all are finally being paid what we're worth. We drive buses through the sky! Get real! A monkey could do what we do. All we have to know is how to operate a checklist!

Latest resources

Back