Regional Pay ATC Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flynhwan

1. A Air Traffic Controller will be responsible for more lives in one shift than a emergency room doctor will be in his entire career.

2. A airline pilot will be responsible for more lives in one month than a emergency room doctor will be in his entire career.

3. Doctors kill 120,000 people a year in the US threw there mistakes but will still have a job the next day.

4. A pilot makes a mistake kills 200 people might lose his life and if he survives, he will be put in jail and never have a flying career again.

5. You are more likely to die in a car accident or by a doctor than a pilot.

6. Doctors kill more people than fire arms.

Finally my point: Doctors get paid over 120,000 a year to start airline pilot 20,000 a year or less. I guess it pays more to be less responsible and kill people. WTF people are more afraid to fly than see a doctor but they are more likely to die as a result of a doctor visit. And people say pilots are over paid maybe they should reevaluate doctors pay before they start to cut my pay. Oh one last thing Air traffic controller makes one mistake after a long 30 year career he is fired no retirement and all he did was kill 200 people not like the doctors who probably killed more than that in a year.

flynhwan said:
Finally my point: Doctors get paid over 120,000 a year to start airline pilot 20,000 a year or less.
Not sure where you come up with your $120,000 starting figure, but a new resident doctor fresh out of school (6+ years of it) only makes in the 30's. This information coming from a friend of mine who is a doctor himself.

did not write it just got it from a e-mail from a friend just thought I would pass it on no need to bash here just trying to past something I thought was informational

Or, maybe check your grammar?

You sound like a complete idiot. Basic grammatical skill is a prerequisite to enter any of the professional occupations you make mention of in your post. I hope you intend to pursue none of them...

As far as your $120,000/year "guess" for somebody who made it their life's work to deal "hands-on" w/ people day-in-and-day-out, let me be the first to remind you that you're a complete idiot.

That said, how does a $200,000 student loan burden strike ya'? How does actually givin'-a-shlt about your GPA strike ya'? Based entirely on your post --which isn't fair-- I'd guess your score on an MCAT wouldn't get you very far. Moreover, your chances at the LSAT wouldn't be much better. Lucky for you, there are regionals whose titties you can suck...

This isn't yours?

Please tell me this isn't your brilliant reasoning?

"Finally my point: Doctors get paid over 120,000 a year to start airline pilot 20,000 a year or less. I guess it pays more to be less responsible and kill people. WTF people are more afraid to fly than see a doctor but they are more likely to die as a result of a doctor visit. And people say pilots are over paid maybe they should reevaluate doctors pay before they start to cut my pay. Oh one last thing Air traffic controller makes one mistake after a long 30 year career he is fired no retirement and all he did was kill 200 people not like the doctors who probably killed more than that in a year."

1. Did you take into consideration that the average cost of malpractice insurance for a neurosurgeon in NY is $160,000 per year? Average cost for an OB-GYN is $97,000.

2. Having family members in the medical field I can tell you they work much harder than I do as an airline pilot. My schedule is far better.

3. Maybe the reason they have more deaths is because it is far more difficult a job than pilots have. Flying has become safer as experience has gone down do to technology improvements.

4. Maybe if pilots could make lateral movements and transport seniority as doctors, lawyers, accountants, and executives do, they might have more leverage with their employers.

5. Maybe if pilots had the same barriers to entry that physicians have, they might have more leverage with their employers. Do you see any ads in magazines that promise to make you a doctor in 11 months?

6. Having doctors in the family, I wouldn't trade places with them for anything.

Joe

Have to agree with you there if there wasn't any of those pft get a job in 11 months we would have more leverage with the employers.

In your world...

If supply dictates demand, then you're getting exactly what you bargained for. Your problem is that your 'profession' CAN BE had in 8-12 months worth of "training." Further, there are those that still buy into the, "...being an airline pilot is cool...," persona; and, they do it at any of those advertised "schools" that you're talking about.

The previous post is 'right-on' concerning barriers to enter the profession. If, in fact, it required more of its entrants --more than your average college aged, "never-had-to-work-a-day-in-my-life, daddy paid for all of this and ain't he proud," type applicant-- then it'd fast approach something like a career. However, as clearly as "Smilin' Paul" exemplifies, you're among the most immature and inexperienced "professionals" that continue to complain about pay and/or benefits.

We as pilots need to continue forcing the industry in the direction SKYW leads us. Fly 99 and below for 50 pay. This future is inevitable. I'm on board. As long as there's individuals out there like myself who JUST WANT TO FLY, the bar will continue to be lowered. I love what I do though and money's not gonna be a deciding factor for my happiness.

Latest resources

Back