Regional guys -- Turbulance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The_Russian said:
Didn't GuppyKiller get banned for life? Or was that a similar name?

Yeah, he was...but I guess they let him out early for good behavior. I started a thread in the Forum Feedback section about it this morning.

Don't think our friend Rhoid/IHaveAPension/UPSer/ABXpert/etc will last too long with his new lease on life...

I like this guppy guy. Ok, the guy has a problem with bumps. If thats all that goes wrong that day, I guess he had a pretty good day. Its bumps and honeslty, I would rather be on the flight deck than be in the back.
Personally, I like to hand fly through it. Just gives you something to do while theyre puking in the back

The ERJ does ride rough, no doubt. I've had the autopilot kick off due to atmospheric turbulence once, and believe me it was one of those times I'll remember as long as I fly. Capts coffee was airborne, my Jepp binder ended up behind my seat, anything not tied down dislodged; The kind of crap that makes you reconsider your career. The ERJ autopilot stayed on for longer than I thought it would, and after that I certainly don't worry about it kicking off unless its really nasty. That being said, wake turbulence will cause it to kick off pretty easily. It doesn't seem to handle the roll axis quite as well as general turbulence. Basically if your eyes can still see PFD the AP will stay on. When the panel gets hard to see due to the shaking....watch it closely.

As for "moderate chop", anything you feel in the ERJ cockpit is a lot worse than what the pax feel. You're sitting on the end of the tube and getting the exaggerated movement that someone over the wing wouldn't feel. Don't sweat it man, just keep flying and you'll get used to it.

Try flyingf the candian

I've had the autopilot kick off 3 times in as many months for no reason, all at altitude...

urflyingme?! said:
Try flyingf the candian

I've had the autopilot kick off 3 times in as many months for no reason, all at altitude...

Candian?

Did you write it up? If not, why?

Only time I ever had an AP disconnect was going into JAC in the middle of winter (EMB 120). Wind smokin' over the Grand Tetons..........we got our ass kicked going in there that evening.

AF :cool:

Man, some of you are really limp wristers huh?? I enjoy riding in turbulence. At the end of the flight the pax are always more appreciative and think you worked a lot harder for them. Just crank down the a/c and they will be much less likely to puke.

What is this profession coming to? Now guys are having nightmares about flying in turbulence!!!!!

After my first time in moderate turbulence I didn't think it ws bad at all. You're a pilot right?
"That's your problem, you're all brain. Not enough c*ck and balls!!!"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back