• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional guys -- Turbulance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I once had a very high caliber pilot tell me that if you have never been scared in an airplane, you haven't been flying long enough. You have to be rational though, airplanes don't just fall out of the sky because of turbulence. If you have two wings and a tail section intact you should be good to go.

Well see...the problem here with all these new pilots is that Microsoft Flight Simulator doesn't do a very good job of simulating turbulence. I think once Microsoft get's that figured out we will have better professional pilot job candidates. Until then, actual piloting experience will have to suffice.

Cheers!

kick on the seat belt sine.....after all, it's just a regionle job.

Yeah I don't know...if he thinks light chop is bad, and is worried about moderate, his first experience w/ wake turbulence will make him crap his pants...

BoDEAN said:
Being 7 months into my first regional job, got a question for ya'all. How long did it take you to get use to turbulance in a jet? I fly an EMB and those wings are so stiff, and bump makes the plane rattle. I usually leave the autopilot on when hitting bumps, but sometimes if its constant light chop, or moderate chop, I don't always trust the autopilot. I guess I am not 100% comfortable with moderate chop turbulance in a jet yet. I don't know what to do to get more comfortable with it, except keep flying in it. I guess my fear is that the autopilot will kick off, and I will have to control the plane from going into some nosedive or some sh|t lol.

Tips, advice?

By the way, it's spelled "turbulence". Anyway, I'm sorry, but this is pretty pathetic. Fly the airplane and if you need to slow or change altitudes, then do it. Also, don't forget, autopilot has to be on in RVSM. Have fun, Mav!

I hear that turbulAnce can induce a flat spin out to sea. Can you "ride the rails" on a jungle jet?

I dont fly the ERJ but one thing to keep in mind the A/P is certified for turbulance and will handle bumps OK, if it gets too bad, ask for a different altitude. SLow down to your TURB penetration speed. and if your above FL290 your in RVSM, and the autopilot is required.

Like someone else said, just relax. Take a few sips of the top of your coffee cup or mountain dew so you wont spill it, and go for the ride.

Fly safe.
-TK

Used to be a guy that actually said..

"If your right with GOD he will take care of it, and we will be fine" and then proceed through a Level 3. I dont think he works here anymore, might have retired. Super Old school from what Ive been told. I never flew with him, But my response woulda been.. "I aint right with GOD just yet."

ok im here for confession...i fly the ERJ...dont have that much time in it yet and surely dont know it all yet...defanatley still getting comfortable...getting whooped around a little bit up in the FL's doesnt rattle my cage at all.... those of you who were in Philadelphia with me last week when I expirienced my first bought with wake turbulence knows where im coming from.....almost crapped my pants is an understatement...id never been in anything like this before and the sim in my opinion is nothing as intense as the real thing....felt like the airplane just ran into a brick wall....A320 in front of us reported a 45kt airspeed differential on a three mile final....MEMORY ITEM: Rotate head 90 degrees to left...proceed to ask captain to take positive control of the aircraft.....haha

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back