• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional FO nearly kills 113 people, CA in the bathroom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks except there's nothing in the report of what you claimed. Hope that halps, thanks your welcome

In the DFDR Analysis section of the report at 4800.5 seconds, it says the left column had 125 pounds of force applied nose up on the left column and 200 pounds nose down on the right.

In the DFDR Analysis section of the report at 4800.5 seconds, it says the left column had 125 pounds of force applied nose up on the left column and 200 pounds nose down on the right.

True. The 20lbs was the initial force. He was fighting the forces of the left column. There's no arguing with that. This was bound to happen. Dude's a terrorist.

OK.. and 2.5 seconds later the CAs pull was harder and no pull from the right column.... if it was a terrorist act don't you think the CA would have reported the FO pushing the other way? the fo never disconnected the AP. if it was a terrorist act don't you think he would have done it? again all you have to do is disconnect the ap and point the nose straight down, nobody is going to recover from that ie Egypt Air.

Last edited:
OK.. and 2.5 seconds later the CAs pull was harder and no pull from the right column.... if it was a terrorist act don't you think the CA would have reported the FO pushing the other way? the fo never disconnected the AP. if it was a terrorist act don't you think he would have done it? again all you have to do is disconnect the ap and point the nose straight down, nobody is going to recover from that ie Egypt Air.

Dude's a terrorist

"Regional F/O?"... I don't think Air India Express is a regional, they go as far as Dubai.... plus the a/c was a 737-800.

Not quite sure why you folks on this board keep confusing majors/regionals/legacies/cargo/etc anytime their is an incident...
....because they want a cheap giggle from watching the high and mighty "big boys from the majors" get all in a tizzy because you can't get over yourselves long enough to see the tongue nearly poking through the cheek....I'm just sayin'

It does seem odd. CA was gone for mere seconds before the plane pitched down. Luckily the lav was occupied at the moment and CA wasn't on the shiiiiter.

I'm sure immediatly after the captain felt the airplane pitch over the use of the shiiiiter was no longer needed! :eek:

Don't know if the guy did it intentionally but it sounds like he got the thing in CWS mode. Sounds similar to what happened at AeroFlot back when they got their first AirBus aircraft. If I recall correctly, the relief CA had his teenage son sit in the left seat. When his son exerted sufficient pressure on the yoke, the aircraft entered CWS mode. The aircraft eventually went out of control and crashed. CWS on the 737 has a different feel to it and I could see how an inexperienced pilot might get into trouble. The AeroFlot guys wrestled with it through several unusual attitudes before they finally lost it. I could be off on the details but I think that was basically what happened.

Latest resources

Back