• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Regional Competitors in the West

Eric

See you in the Wasatch!
Total Time
??????
As a guy who wants to return to the West, which regionals serve this half of the country other than:

SkyWest
Horizon
Mesa

Who would you want to work for and why?

Last edited:

AZaviator

El Capitan
Total Time
I believe Air Wisconsin has some routes flying in the west. In addition there's Great Lakes and Big Sky Airlines.

onetaco

Total Time
Coex will fly into Palm Springs out of Houston with the new XR (emb-145) starting in November. That's pretty far West. (OK, so the rest of their flights are mid west and east coast)

English

Total Time
Eagle, LAX base, but don't bother - they won't be hiring for years...

cheezpilot

Total Time
Enough
Air Wisconsin is the largest regional operator out of Denver. It is the largest pilot base. Not hiring now but stay tuned.

skydiverdriver

Total Time
5000+
Since when is America West a regional? Did they shrink that much?

aviatrix

Total Time
4:20
recalled

I heard on the news that America West is recalling the last of its 59 furloughed pilots. Can anyone with Am West confirm this?
Anything that induces "flow" is good news!

bobbysamd

Total Time
Lakers

I believe that Great Lakes serves a good portion of the West. I've seen their airplanes at Denver International. I wouldn't know if they're hiring, though.

AZaviator

El Capitan
Total Time
I heard on the news that America West is recalling the last of its 59 furloughed pilots. Can anyone with Am West confirm this?
Yep, word here in Phoenix is that America West is recalling the remaining 59 pilots still on furlough. Glad to see some movement and some good news for once! :)

Eric

See you in the Wasatch!
Total Time
??????
Learning daily

Skydiverdriver,

Sorry, my mistake about America West.