Regional Benefit Comparison

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NavinRJohnson said:
I've got a pretty good feel for what the pay would be like at the respective regionals, I'd like to poll about the other things that come along with the job.

How are your medical/dental benefits?

401K Match?

Travel?

Work rules?

Other benefits that are noteworthy?

Thought it might me interesting to compare. Thanks in advance...

At Trans States:

Medical. I'm single and it costs about $100 per month and dental is like $20.

401K: 1% match after 1 year. Oh, they take that 1% back with fees.

Travel: Depends on base. Usair bennies are free travel. United is a mileage based deal and I guess American is a zone thing. You only get benefits if you actually fly for that major so if you're RIC based, no american bennies. If you are in the 41, no United or (soon) USair bennies.

Work rules: 95% line guarantee, block or better on a leg by leg basis. Other than that, they suck. my roomate is doing a 3 day trip right now with 4 hours of pay credit. I believe his perdiem will be more than his flight pay.

I would only come to Trans States right now if nobody else would hire me. Then, I would get some 121 time and move on.

Well-hung Start said:
Work for ANY DCI-lifter. Even Sh'talker.

Because you can say you're a Delta pilot!

I go around telling people that I fly for UNITED express (the express in a hushed tone).

E170Guppykiller said:
I go around telling people that I fly for UNITED express (the express in a hushed tone).

And people believe you too. It's a well known fact that there are a lot of "male" f/a's at united.

I also left out that at XJT:

We have a profit sharing program based on 10% of the pre-tax net income of the company. Was 8.6% of an employee's W-2 last year...this year is obviously undetermined but my guess is that it will be lower due to our lower operating margin guarantee with CAL.

Dental costs were rolled up in my $60/month for medical line above...so $60/month for me as a single person gets me medical and dental as well as some other minor things that I can go into if someone wants me to.

Vacation is 2 weeks for years 1-6 and 3 weeks for 7th year...and 4 weeks is available as well...for the super senior dudes.

-Neal

ASA soon to be Skywest (obviously all of this is subject to change very soon):
Medical/Dental-$35 mnth for single
Travel- Best in the industry...Free unlimited domestic pay taxes on international etc etc
Work rules leave a bit to be desired although not too bad:
10 days off a mnth min for all, 75hr guar., any underblock flown goes on top of your guar. (good for CDO and Resv. lines) We have a long call resv. (12 hrs) for line holders who's trip is taken for training.
That's all of the top of my head right now.....for a 7 yr contract things could be worse!

So, how about Mesa, just in case Comair is bought.....argg

is benefit even in the vocabulary over there or what?

I work for mesaba and am currently out because I had back and knee surgery last month. I am enrolled in the middle of the three health plans available. I have been out for six weeks and have recieved 75 hours pay each month through our, company paid for, short term dissablity plan. I have a friend at comair that was out for about the same period and recieved nothing because he was not in their short term plan. the reason is he would have had to pay extra out of his check to enrole.(not included)

My surgerys have cost about 25 thousand so far. After paying 10% of my bills up to the max. ( $900.00) the health benifits have covered every thing else.

we also have decent dental.

Our vision sucks ass, not worth enroling into,

but the short and long term plans really help out when you have to go out. Our short term dis kicks in after only three sick days. so even though our sick time accruel rate is poor. the std ( not herpes ) makes up for that.

I could look up the 401k stuff, but I'm lazy. I think it is about average..

Schmitty

Latest resources

Back