Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Because

Publishers said:
Because if you do not restructure your pay packages, another airline will and take your business away.

You know what, not once yet has this actually happened Mr. Management. All the suits have done is use this as a scare tactic and so far all of us challenged have bent over and asked for it deep and hard. I hope my pilot group accepts this challenge in our contract and you know what if we lose out, BIG F*CKING DEAL! Oh No, I couldn't imagine losing my 25K a year job where I am expected to live in one of the most expensive areas in the country! I'll give the company whatever it needs, just PLEASE let me fly a jet!
BS, we need to draw a line in the sand and dare you bean counters to cross it. Watching Sr. Management pocket bonuses while pleading poverty makes me sick! If doesn't affect everyone of you just as much, then you are a pathetic excuse for a human being.

nimtz said:
I hope my pilot group accepts this challenge in our contract and you know what if we lose out, BIG F*CKING DEAL!

It seems every pilot on this board says "I'll never take concessions", "I'd strike or lose my job before working for crap wages", etc.

The facts speak for themselves: every non-LCC mainline and major regional has either taken a cut, signed a contract that doesn't raise their rates enough (it is never enough in the eyes of another pilot group), or is facing heavy pressure to do so. If everyone on this board weren't all talk, this wouldn't be happening.

Illusions of grandeur are mere illusions: the race to the bottom is a race everyone is actively participating in.

-Boo!

"It seems every pilot on this board says "I'll never take concessions", "I'd strike or lose my job before working for crap wages", etc.

The facts speak for themselves: every non-LCC mainline and major regional has either taken a cut, signed a contract that doesn't raise their rates enough (it is never enough in the eyes of another pilot group), or is facing heavy pressure to do so. If everyone on this board weren't all talk, this wouldn't be happening.

Illusions of grandeur are mere illusions: the race to the bottom is a race everyone is actively participating in."

Not quite true. The Comair pilot group made a loud and unanimous statement for 89 days. So far we haven't given back anything nor has management asked for it.....yet. If they do seek concessions I for one will tell them to shut it down....again. I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the other 1700+ pilots at Comair would agree with me.

stillaboo said:

Illusions of grandeur are mere illusions: the race to the bottom is a race everyone is actively participating in.

-Boo!

Watching the fostering of an economic turnaround plus seeing that Goldman believes the airline I work on behalf will be profitable this quarter, I will pass on your race to the bottom theory. Any continuation of the race to the bottom is due the majority being uniformed and completely ignorance. If this continues beyond the damage already done, then our generation of pilots should be ashamed to call ourselves professionals.
BTW, my pilot group (both mainline and express) has not taken a pay cut of any sort since 9-11 and the company has not even considered this as an option during our current contract talks. Watch your generalizations, they make you look uninformed and ignorant...

Keep a good thought

Caveman said:
The Comair pilot group made a loud and unanimous statement for 89 days. So far we haven't given back anything nor has management asked for it.....yet. If they do seek concessions I for one will tell them to shut it down....again. I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the other 1700+ pilots at Comair would agree with me.

While it is always management's perogative to engage in whipsaw, it seems to me the Delta MEC will be very hard pressed to include Comair or ASA in their concessionary bargaining equation like the US Airways MEC did to Express or APA did to Eagle because of the Judge's decision.

nimtz said:
Watching the fostering of an economic turnaround plus seeing that Goldman believes the airline I work on behalf will be profitable this quarter . . . I will pass on your race to the bottom theory.

Mine's one of the darlings of 'The Street', and it's stock has almost trippled in value since March. Goldman upgraded it to 'in-line' April 1st. Since then, it's up 76%. In-line my a$$! Show's how much Goldman knows.
The race to the bottom isn't my theory, it's the board's theory. I think it's a market of supply and demand. There's a huge supply for airline pilot jobs, and negative demand. Downward pressure on wages is obvious. And since most pilots on this board seem to believe that the reason their group didn't get the wage they desired is b/c another group didn't get the wage they should have gotten, the cycle will continue until some group steps up to the plate and refuses to take a pay cut, and then refuses to work for less than a substatial raise from their current 'un-acceptable' wage. CMR recently did this. CHQ is at least feigning to be trying the same thing. Everyone else is nowhere to be found.

BTW, my pilot group has not taken a pay cut of any sort since 9-11 and the company has not even considered this as an option during our current contract talks. Watch your generalizations, they make you look uninformed and ignorant... [/B]

So what? Mine got a raise after 9/11, improvements in every section of the contract but one, which stayed the same.

Mine also is the subject of more flames on this board of 'informed and un-ignorant' pilots than all others combined. Go figure. :)

This forum is an easy way for pilots to vent their frustrations. There is education going on too, but I just think it's totally hipocracy when regional pilots say that they aren't paid enough to fly airplanes, and then promptly blame another group of pilots for their problems. Each pilot works under a contract their group voted for. Don't try to blame someone else for the results of YOUR vote. If you aren't paid enough, then stop dragging the wage down and refuse to work for less than what you deserve. All the ignoramouses at your company vote for concessions to an already pitiful wage - well, quit and go work somewhere where the pilots respect themselves. By staying in your job, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I stand by my statement:
The facts speak for themselves: every non-LCC mainline and major regional has either taken a cut (Wisky, ACA, etc), signed a contract that doesn't raise their rates enough (SKYW, Mesa), or is facing heavy pressure to do so (CHQ, CMR). If everyone on this board weren't all talk, this wouldn't be happening.

Do we really believe that the 'educated and informed' pilots on this board are the 20-30% of the group that's always voting against concessions?

Maybe I'm wrong. Just trying to further the discussion.

-Boo!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back