Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional Airlines hiring non citzen, green card holders?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Northpilot

I have applied for a a number of regional airlines and received no responses from any. I am not American but have my green card so I can work in the US. I have either met or exceeded the hours required for the one's I have applied to. I have others around me who have been called for interviews and some have less hours than I have. I know of one pilot who has over six thousand hours and was told all she could to fly was a B-1900. She is from Argentina, a green card holder. I was told that that is why I have not been contacted at all, I am not an American. Just wondering if any other non US citizens have seen this? I will be gong to a job fair and see what happens in a few weeks.

It's not a problem really. Just keep sending/trying I'm sure there's plenty of Red, White, and Blues in your exact situation.

Oh, and stop applying at FedEx, UPS, and SouthWe.st. :)

I have applied for a a number of regional airlines and received no responses from any. I am not American but have my green card so I can work in the US. I have either met or exceeded the hours required for the one's I have applied to. I have others around me who have been called for interviews and some have less hours than I have. I know of one pilot who has over six thousand hours and was told all she could to fly was a B-1900. She is from Argentina, a green card holder. I was told that that is why I have not been contacted at all, I am not an American. Just wondering if any other non US citizens have seen this? I will be gong to a job fair and see what happens in a few weeks.

Part of the problem is that the fees to hire a non citizen were very expensive from TSA (Government Agency not Airline) and Airline had to pay the fees before they could hire you, Now the Trainee (you) has to pay the fees and include a class date when starting the process. This change took effect 2 years ago. You should get a response from Airlines and with the computerized selection process at most airlines would not be able to differentiate if you were a citizen or not by your resume unless you have it on your resume and you state that you have a Greencard, Some Outside assistance with your resume may help.

I know in the past we have hired individuals that were not Citizens but I have no idea the status of those practices in the past few months.

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

I know two guys who got hired in the past months at Republic airlines.

I know several green card holders who got hired at Airtran in 2002 -2003.

not a problem at all anymore unless you apply to flexjet, or the bigger cargo

guys (focus air,etc...).

maybe something is wrong on your resume.

Try to go to a job fair.

good luck

I am a green card holder myself. I flew for Mesa on the RJ, now I am on Skywest on the RJ. They will interview and hire you like everybody else. After you are hired yoou have to apply to a special clearance from TSA for a new training, just like in flight school when you are applying for a new license( fingerprints and all that crap). After TSA gives you the OK(it could take from a week to a month), then you call the company and they will give you a ground school date.
At Mesa, after I interviewed and got hired, I had to do it all on my own. At Skywest, they did it all for me, even paid the fees.
But again, none of this is necessary until after you are hired. Just for the interview you're as good as everybody else.
If you have more questions just PM.

, Now the Trainee (you) has to pay the fees and include a class date when starting the process. This change took effect 2 years ago.
maybe at PSA, both Expressjet and Skywest pay the fee for you.

It's not a problem, good luck and keep applying. Stay current in the meantime and try to get somebody to walk your stuff in.

I'm a green card too, and I got hired at Mesa and at republic. Republic called me for an interview exactly one hour after I faxed my resume! It was never a problem. It is possible that your friends with less hours had friends on the inside to walk in their resume, this industry is all about who you know. I suggest that you have your resume and cover letter looked at by someone else, it is possible that the problem is elsewhere.

Buck

hey Northpilot papichulo!!!

the hiring is actualy happening pritty much every where!!!
at RAH, EXJ, and MESA (know ill will said this everything I here from Mesa is not the best...but if you are thirsty for jet juice just go for it)

my advice to you just be pattiens and keep traying!!!!

Trully YOURS Azabache!!!

Latest resources

Back