Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional Airlines hiring non citzen, green card holders?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure they can. They just need to apply for a Visa, pay U$2,000 and wait for 3 years. After the Visa is finally accepted, then you apply for a permanent resident card, which will take you anywhere from 5 to 10 years and over U$10,000. In between you have to make sure you renew your visa once a year. Once that is all done, you will just need to put up with some arrogant native pilots thinking that they are better than you because they were born in a different area of the world.:cool:

Very true about arrogant native pilots. I am flying down there now and I can't stand these idiots who can't even say "HI" in english and think they own the world because they wear four stripes. A US commercial pilot right out of training knows more than these guys.
Oh, I can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!

I have applied for a a number of regional airlines and received no responses from any. I am not American but have my green card so I can work in the US. I have either met or exceeded the hours required for the one's I have applied to. I have others around me who have been called for interviews and some have less hours than I have. I know of one pilot who has over six thousand hours and was told all she could to fly was a B-1900. She is from Argentina, a green card holder. I was told that that is why I have not been contacted at all, I am not an American. Just wondering if any other non US citizens have seen this? I will be gong to a job fair and see what happens in a few weeks.

I went through the process myself about 2 years ago. With the hiring going on right now at the regional I am sure youll get something real soon. Keep building some more time in the meantime. Also, make sure you fill out the online TSA form correctly when the time comes(you cant receive sim training until your clearance has been approved). Good luck. PM me if u have any questions and try and stay away from companies like PSA and Mesa.

Very true about arrogant native pilots. I am flying down there now and I can't stand these idiots who can't even say "HI" in english and think they own the world because they wear four stripes. A US commercial pilot right out of training knows more than these guys.
Oh, I can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!

Where do you work?

Can Americans work as pilots in your country?

No they cant!! wow you are so right !! In my part of the world (western europe) people with legal documents from all over the world are legal to work but americans!!

Man, I am so happy there are smart people like yourself out there.

Hey, so ever left the great state of Texas !?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back