Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional Airlines hiring non citzen, green card holders?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Before the liberals chime in here....I can't but the poor non-American saga. I personally know someone who was a green card holder, hired at 700 hrs and was hired into the Avro. He was a hard worker, always doing something to better himself and he is a good stick, and that is what got him the job.
I can't wait until the checklists are written in spanish.

WTF are you talking about? Are you saying you think immigrants are hard-workers who deserve the right to apply to the same jobs as "natives?" What was the "Spanish" thing about? Do you think most legal immigrants speak Spanish?

WTF are you talking about? Are you saying you think immigrants are hard-workers who deserve the right to apply to the same jobs as "natives?" What was the "Spanish" thing about? Do you think most legal immigrants speak Spanish?

last year most "legal" immigrants were from Europe according to the congressional accounting office.

Just for those people who wonder, I have 1,000 hours TT and 100 multi. My mutli includes 20 hours in B-1900 and five hours in B-757/767. I am using airlineapps.com to apply to the airlines as many are using this service and only this service to hire pilots. No cover letter required and the cover letter I have was check by my unversity career centre. I am a E-RAU grad.
I have apllied to these, plus others and these are there requirements:
Colgan, 300 TT 100 multi
Eagle 800 TT 100 multi
Mesa 500TT 100 multi
ASA 500TT 50 multi

Last edited:
Just for those people who wonder, I have 1,000 hours TT and 100 multi. My mutli includes 20 hours in B-1900 and five hours in B-757/767. I am using airlineapps.com to apply to the airlines as many are using this service and only this service to hire pilots. No cover letter required and the cover letter I have was check by my unversity career centre. I am a E-RAU grad.
Colgan, 300 TT 100 multi
Eagle 800 TT 100 multi
Mesa 500TT 100 multi
ASA 500TT 50 multi

Out of curiosity, how did you get those 20hrs of 1900 and 5 hours of 757/767 time?

Sim time, there's your problem. ERAU alumni myself.

No matter what ERAU/Flight Safety tells you, sim time should be logged as such. It doesnt matter what Level or Reg they can quote. The airline apps are looking for actual flight time. PS do not put a 757/767 column on your resume when you have 5 hours in the sim.

Good luck, keep trying.

Colgan, 300 TT 100 multi
Eagle 800 TT 100 multi
Mesa 500TT 100 multi
ASA 500TT 50 multi

Can Americans work as pilots in your country?

Can Americans work as pilots in your country?

Sure they can. They just need to apply for a Visa, pay U$2,000 and wait for 3 years. After the Visa is finally accepted, then you apply for a permanent resident card, which will take you anywhere from 5 to 10 years and over U$10,000. In between you have to make sure you renew your visa once a year. Once that is all done, you will just need to put up with some arrogant native pilots thinking that they are better than you because they were born in a different area of the world.:cool:

My new hire class of nine had only four US citizens, the rest were imports.

Latest resources

Back