• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional Airline Job Fair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey "Flyguy1226", I'm actually the one "running the show" and the guy you are bashing is a Delta Pilot that was helping me out by promoting my first event! You also claim that you are "Delta's Bitch" and I'm sure the Delta Pilot who wrote that post really appreciates it.

How about you help promote the industry and the hiring trends ahead for the guy with less than 1500 hours that wants a shot! Or help promote a guy like me that takes the time to organize something that helps get guys jobs even if the big guys don't show up on the first one? Did you look at the price compared to other events? Maybe there was a reason for that?

If you think ALL the big airlines would show up to a guys first event with no history in doing job fairs, sounds like you will be pulling gear for the rest of your career! I guess I expected more from a guy that claims he is a pilot for Delta.

For those that are supporting new events like this, THANK YOU!

Cheers,

Dan
747-400
Velocity Aviation Founder

First, I didn't like the whole "I heard there was a job fair" part. Why not just state you guys are putting this on and looking for support and people to attend, instead of blasting threads with advertisements all over the boards.

I understand your guys' admission is "cheaper" than others and I also understand you have costs associated with putting on this event, I know, I've helped promote and put on job fairs before, but they were free, because we actually tried to help folks out and help them network with industry professionals, not rip them off. We have a program in place at my company where we help mentor and promote aviation to future pilots. The pilots volunteer and its free for the students.

Nobody with 1500 hrs should be paying anything to attend a regional job fair. Regionals are desperate and need pilots badly. They are even offering bonuses!

I guess I am just sick and tired of people trying to make a quick buck of everyone, it just never stops. $60 for AirlineApps to apply for a job, $25/month for job boards, $50-100 for job fairs, $400 for interview prep.

Anyway, good luck with your job fair, hope you get the attendance you are looking for.

I heard that Eagle, Pinnacle, GoJet, Mesa, and Silver Airways are interviewing pilots, flight attendants, and mechanics at the Job Fair in West Palm Beach, FL. Check out velocityaviationgroup.com for information and its INEXPENSIVE.
Thanks for posting, I am going to bet a lot of guys will be interested. But a lot of posters here get their jollies off by bashing anyone who works for a regional.

Last job fair I went to was half majors and half regionals separated by a curtain. The majors section had several hundred people waiting in long lines to speak with recruiters. I peeked over to the regional side and saw about 13 people.

We apologize for any inconvenience! The event is cancelled due to lack of attendance!

Hmmm.... I wonder why?!

Latest resources

Back