• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional Airline future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have to disagree. I flew corporate prior to the airlines, and saw lots of guys that only got the job because of who they knew, and no matter how poor their performance was they were "protected".

The Air France flight actually stayed in a stall the whole way down because low time F.O. was pulling back on the stick all the way down, canceling out the captains corrective forward input.
If you want a career in this business, you need a number on seniority list to project your job, this is not necessarily a CBA airline. Even then they can not prevent the company from going out of business. When my ALPA represented airline was going out of business, I decided to go into the corp. world got hired at a Fortune 500 auto parts supplier in Detroit. The company had 2 airplanes and 5 pilots. They had never had a lay off in their history. 3 years later in the auto turndown of 1982. They cut their dept in half, and I was let go. I saw it happen at VW, K-Mart, GM, Dana, Ford, US Steel, the list goes on. The smaller companies are even worse, not to say there are not good corp. jobs out there, but there are no guarantees of job security in any aviation jobs.

It's been that way for years in the corporate world. None of this "I'm the Captain" bull$hit. You both make a decision and agree with it before anything happens. If you can't work it out as professionals then you have bigger problems then what seat you sit in.

Not even close.

Latest resources

Back