Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

YV-135C

A few questions for you Omni folks out there, if you don't mind answering:

1) your base pay is relatively low. But, what are your monthly checks like (with/without flying on days off...)?
2) health insurance. is it good?
3) how's that Teamsters contract coming along?
4) Quality of Life. what 's it like?
5)can you give me an idea of the pros & cons of flying at Omni?

Thanks very much.

1) Without flying days off pay is not very good, working days off can double your paycheck quickly.
2) It depends what you are looking for, it is worse than my previous company but better than the one before that.
3) Not really sure, seems to be going good.
4) Once again depends what you are expecting and what you are use to. I tend to sit around hotels and fly maybe 25 hours a month, but honestly that doesn't bother me. I have also been fortunate to be at home alot this year.
5) Pros good people to work with, pilot wise anyways not so much flight attendant wise. The chief pilot and fleet managers are good people.
Cons are sitting around and a horrible travel department. Travel is probablly the worst part about it for me.

Do you happen to know if they are still interviewing or did they fill the class from the last round? Thanks for the intel.

Thanks, Fatazz.
I don't know if they're interviewing or what but I sent a resume to see if the fish are biting. I hear they don't hire employed pilots,what with all the unemployed out there.

I just got picked up and I was working two jobs. ANG and pt 121. But the other 2 who interviewed and got picked up with me were furloughed and not working.

I just wonder about this job. All the experienced pilots going there to fly large jets all over the world and earn 36K per year. Is the pay actually more than this? How long at this pay? Don't seem to go up much on year two and three. Am I missing something?

I just wonder about this job. All the experienced pilots going there to fly large jets all over the world and earn 36K per year. Is the pay actually more than this? How long at this pay? Don't seem to go up much on year two and three. Am I missing something?

I noticed the same thing. My guess why someone would do this, is they have a horrible current job or no job at all. Or want to fly big airplanes and mommy and daddy subsidise their bank account.

Other than that, I would rather "pay my dues" elsewhere.... that FO pay is horrid.

Mommy and daddy don't subsidize anyone's bank acount oveer there. Most of the pilots are a bit on the older side. You just learn how to live cheaply.

Latest resources

Back