Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steve

Curtis Malone
I have my CFI ride coming up and have been told the examiner goes into detail about recreational pilot training. When sending a student for the recreational checkride, would these endorsments cover everything required?

Endorsement for flight proficiency: §61.98(b)
I certify that I have given (First name, MI, last name) the ground and flight training required by §61.98(b), and find him/her proficient to perform each area of operation safely as a recreational pilot, and is prepared for the required practical test having performed 3 hours of flight training in the preceding 60 days in preparation for the practical test.
Signature Date
CFI# Expiration
Endorsement for recreational pilot to act as PIC within 50nm of the airport where training was received: §61.101(b)
I certify that I have given (First name, MI, last name) the flight and ground training required by §61.101(b) at Solberg Airport.
Signature Date
CFI# Expiration
Endorsement for aeronautical knowledge: §§61.97(b)
Icertify that I have given (First name, MI, last name) the ground training required by §61.97(b), and that she is prepared for the required knowledge test.
I have reviewed the deficient questions answered on the Recreational Pilot Knowledge exam and find __________________ knowledgeable in these specific areas.
Signature Date
CFI# Expiration

I dont have any experience with the Recreational license. If any CFI's on the board could chime in it would be much appreciated.

Steve

I don't have any experience with recreational certification either, but just to verify, it's "recreational" that he's interested in, not "light sport", which just came into effect about a year ago? There are some pretty major differences with that one.

Good luck!

David

MauleSkinner said:
I don't have any experience with recreational certification either, but just to verify, it's "recreational" that he's interested in, not "light sport", which just came into effect about a year ago? There are some pretty major differences with that one.

Good luck!

David

Yes, the samel old recreational that has been around for years.

How about: I ______________ certify that ______________ is almost a real pilot, and if he/she would pony up the dough for a couple more hours of instruction, wouldn't need his hand held to fly farther than line of sight distance from the airport.

Call Sporty's. Hal Shrevers was a driving force behing the regs and the Sporty's flight school has graduated a substantial number of the something like 4 dozen recreational pilots in existence. (As I recall the FAA has truly issued less than 50 certificates.)

Latest resources

Back