• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

recreational pilots license question

Steve

Curtis Malone
Total Time
I have my CFI ride coming up and have been told the examiner goes into detail about recreational pilot training. When sending a student for the recreational checkride, would these endorsments cover everything required?

Endorsement for flight proficiency: §61.98(b)
I certify that I have given (First name, MI, last name) the ground and flight training required by §61.98(b), and find him/her proficient to perform each area of operation safely as a recreational pilot, and is prepared for the required practical test having performed 3 hours of flight training in the preceding 60 days in preparation for the practical test.
Signature Date
CFI# Expiration
Endorsement for recreational pilot to act as PIC within 50nm of the airport where training was received: §61.101(b)
I certify that I have given (First name, MI, last name) the flight and ground training required by §61.101(b) at Solberg Airport.
Signature Date
CFI# Expiration
Endorsement for aeronautical knowledge: §§61.97(b)
Icertify that I have given (First name, MI, last name) the ground training required by §61.97(b), and that she is prepared for the required knowledge test.
I have reviewed the deficient questions answered on the Recreational Pilot Knowledge exam and find __________________ knowledgeable in these specific areas.
Signature Date
CFI# Expiration

I dont have any experience with the Recreational license. If any CFI's on the board could chime in it would be much appreciated.

Steve

MauleSkinner

Total Time
I don't have any experience with recreational certification either, but just to verify, it's "recreational" that he's interested in, not "light sport", which just came into effect about a year ago? There are some pretty major differences with that one.

Good luck!

David

Steve

Curtis Malone
Total Time
MauleSkinner said:
I don't have any experience with recreational certification either, but just to verify, it's "recreational" that he's interested in, not "light sport", which just came into effect about a year ago? There are some pretty major differences with that one.

Good luck!

David
Yes, the samel old recreational that has been around for years.

moonlight

Flyin' to fund my fishin'
Total Time
How about: I ______________ certify that ______________ is almost a real pilot, and if he/she would pony up the dough for a couple more hours of instruction, wouldn't need his hand held to fly farther than line of sight distance from the airport.

Pilot Doc

Total Time
Call Sporty's. Hal Shrevers was a driving force behing the regs and the Sporty's flight school has graduated a substantial number of the something like 4 dozen recreational pilots in existence. (As I recall the FAA has truly issued less than 50 certificates.)