• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recommended Reward Expense Cards?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

What would you guys and gals recommend as good rewards debit/credit cards? I have a friend flying for NetJets that I am going to call and ask as well as a friend that flys for Citation Shares that I will speak to but I also thought I would ask here.

What do you guys use for paying for your hotels, travel, ect. and what kinds of rewards (benefits) do you get for using them?

I am interested in a debit/credit card. I would like to keep some cash in the account for withdrawl but would like to keep all travel expenses on the credit card.

We have a Bank Of America card in the military but it doesn't get me any benefits and I am going to dump it and go this route.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

You will be issued a card to pay for all your expenses. It is now mandatory this card be used. You still get to keep the points/airline miles you accrue.

I am still in the military and would like a similar card to what you guys are using so I can get the miles, ect.. I am not flying fractional....yet. ;)

We currently have Bank of America for our Visa. We don't get squat as far as I know. I want to use something else and get the benefits for doing so. Thanks.

Last edited:
A lot of it is situational... When I lived in Alaska, everyone had Alaska Air cards because that was primary transpo. The company I am now with prefers Marriott on the road so most of us have a Marriott Rewards card. While I don't have a link to recommend, a moment with google should reveal a site or two that offers comparisons of some of the top rewards cards...
Good luck,
MT

For personal use I have a USAA Mastercard and have been happy with their point/rewards. They also have really good interest on their savings and checking accounts.

I had a USAA Mastercard but am fairly sure it didn't offer any points, ect.. I will definetly check into that again as I have stayed away from personnel credit cards for awhile. Thanks.

I use the Hilton Honors AMEX card. I use it because when I asked this question two years that card seemed to be the favorite at the time. I have not traded in my points for anything yet but people say you can get pretty good deals using them.

Last edited:
Stay away from debit cards. Aside from not having all the legal protections that a credit card has, hotels will tie up more than the cost of the room for longer than your stay to cover incidentals. That makes it very easy to overdraft your account.

I use the Delta Skymiles Amex. I hate paying for a credit card, but this card lets you accrue Medallion miles so you can qualify for Silver, Gold and Platinum status quicker. That means more bonus miles in the long run and upgrades to first class. Amex is also very easy to work with, unlike some other credit card companies.

Whatever card you choose, make sure that you use your expense money to pay it off at the end of the month. If you let balances build up, at the rate you will be charging, you will get over your head very quickly.

Agree'd on the Hilton Honor's Card...

I think it depends on what you want to to in your time off and how your company operates. We airline home a lot to PHX on SWA so I use a SWA Visa...

I'm just impressed pilot's still have credit!

Latest resources

Back