• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good one

TonyC said:
I nominate A Squared.

Asquared is truly a gentleman and a scholar (and shares TonyC's penchant for pedanticism...is that a word? I dunno but I'm sure one of them will let me know...) :cool:

I'd nominate Mar, but he'll have to buy me a beer next time he's in Dubai ;) .

I've got TonyC's reply to jetops saved on my computer. That has to one of the most hilarious posts I've seen here. He was able to take him to task for every single sentence in the post.

A Squared, Enigma, Avbug, GVFlyer and others for great technical information.

Surplus and Fins for well thought out posts and great debating skills.

UWOChris for asking great questions.

The Duke for great stories.

Hugh, FN FAL, Flechas, and others for keeping things light.

There are lots more and that is the reason we keep coming back.

Typhoonpilot

Asquared is truly a gentleman and a scholar
Indeed. He gets my vote, as well.

Minh

Dash8 said:
I think Kathy resumewriter has helped and enlightened many a person on this board

Paul skyking1976 was good too, not quite a teacher, not quite a student, a little of both if memory serves

Thanks, Dash8! I feel honored to be in the same post with Paul.

I'll second JAFI. I sometimes wonder why he bothers considering some of the crap that gets thrown about. I just wish he was in my local FSDO.

JAFI, got some potential 337s I'd like to ask ya about... :D

Vector4fun said:
I'll second JAFI. I sometimes wonder why he bothers considering some of the crap that gets thrown about.

Thank you Vector, But things are getting better. When I was in the military my own countrymen would spit on us as we walked through an airport terminal in uniform. I had an old woman sick her dog on me just for walking down a city street in my class "A" uniform. We were required to wear the uniform while traveling.

A couple years ago a guy that I use to work with became the big cheese at a college flight school. He was asking people he knew from the industry to give presentations for the students. I volunteered my time and asked what topic he would like the presentation on. The topic had to do with operating an aircraft with a type rating. No student showed up for my presentation. When the students found out I was a "FED" they decided there was nothing that I had to say that was of any interest to them. My friend told me later that the students decided that I was really there recruiting for the FAA. Little did they know that with several hundred applications for each open position, Flight Standards doesn’t need to recruit. So much for being "Scholars" and seeking knowledge. I traveled on my own time and with my own money to give the presentation. Since then I haven’t wasted either on presentations.

So being ignored or slurred is much better than the former.

As to the 337's. You need to talk to an Airworthness Inspector (mechanic Inspector) with your questions. If you have a specific question and need to PM me, I will see what I can do to get you an answer.

And thank you for the ATC info for the board. It is always good to get information from a truly knowledgeable source.

JAFI

Last edited:
Haven't those college students ever heard of "know your enemy"? That alone should have 'em pack any presentation by ATC or FSDO types. No, that's not why I listed JAFI and Vector.

When my Dad returned from overseas, he was asked accusingly how many women and children he killed. He would get an evil glint in his eye, smile, and step towards the person asking, "Lots." The person would quickly dissapear.

Now, kids see him wearing a "Veteran" cap or shirt, and they go up and tell him, "We know what happened. Thanks for serving." I tried to buy an active duty solider a cup of coffee the other day, but was refused, someone ahead of me in line had already paid for it.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Thank you very much Mar and TyphoonPilot! I really appreciate the support and always enjoy reading your answers to my questions. I have learned a lot from these forums throughout the years!

typhoonpilot said:
Chase should certainly get an honorable mention for all the help he provides to SWA wannabees.

TP

I second that nomination.

Latest resources

Back