Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
With the vote in the past and the future of the jetblue pilots in flux and in question as a unified group....

Sorbie and Evans are two pilots that took character to task and made a respected and honorable effort...

They simply offered a vehicle with the ability for the JB pilot group to fashion themselves. By creating a policy manual and C&BL, they put themselves between a rock and a hard place. If they provided no documents then they would have been chided for being to vague. However, the documents gave the BoBs the leverage to argue the details. A diversionary tactic...

It was never about the details. It was about the fundamental basics of representation.....

In addition, too many JB pilots were looking for a service and not self rule.

It is easy to stay quiet and keep your head down, showing up to work and doing your job.... Or worse justifying a crap sandwhich. Or shameful to cut down the effort instead of trying to assist the fundamentals. Sorbie and Evans did none of it.... They might not have been successful.... But at least they had the character and fortitude to offer the JB pilots a chance...

Better to have gone down swinging, than to have never stepped up to the plate....

Agreed. They deserve a lot of credit for stepping up to the plate and trying their best to get the job done. I hear an ALPA drive may be starting up before the end of the year. Let's hope it's more successful than the independent drive.

Well said.
They'll never buy a beverage if I see them in a layover bar.

But a secret ballot gave the majority of the pilots what they wanted. Many friends work there, all former union members and they did not want the crap that comes with a union, they figured it was worse than the crap they presently get from management. Maybe EFCA will pass and they then will have no choice in being union or not.

This thread is about two guys that had the guts to push forward on thier beliefs.... there are plenty of threads that discuss your hijack attempt....

This thread is about Evans and Sorbie

My hat is off to both Mike and Bill--I never heard a non-productive word out of either one of them. Their focus was for smart representation of our pilot group.

This incessant carping on the "BoB's" is silly, though. They had a position, just as the pro-union camp had their position. They simply worked harder to shore up support for their position. Any documentation that they used was fair game. Guys--those documents were, after all, in the public domain. If they didn't measure up, that's our fault. We can do better.

Here's my main point. We only have ourselves to blame for the failed bid. This red herring "BoB hunt" is simply a distraction, a way of focusing your anger on someone tangible, rather than your...our...own failings as a group. It is also very counterproductive to those who are not in the far 20% of either side. The hate talk drives people away from your side.

Let's stop the immature accusations and vindictive bickering about them and move on. There are efforts underway to convince others of the need for representation.

You can either attempt to sway opinions, or fan the fires of contempt. I think you get more votes if you remain enthusiastic, not hateful.

Just thinkin'...

Last edited:
so what

This thread is about two guys that had the guts to push forward on thier beliefs.... there are plenty of threads that discuss your hijack attempt....

Of course they pushed it, but it wasn't not wanted. The secret vote ensured the rights of the workers.

I do not agree with you often, but these guys deserve to drink free for life. Maybe a dinner or three as well. Thanks guys.

Many friends work there, all former union members and they did not want the crap that comes with a union...

What you meant to say was, "...all former union members who BLAME ALPA for their furloughs instead of blaming their respective MECs..."

At least that would be more honest.

Latest resources

Back