Recall talk @ AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is a Mid 1999 pilot still furloughed?

It depends on whether the pilot is "red" or "blue." If they were former TWA ("red") then, yes, they're still furloughed.

If they were nAAtives ("blue") then, no, they aren't furloughed (never were) and they have many staplees ("red") behind them as their cushion.

stlflyguy

As a red guy, looking in, it's going to be quite a while before AA ever hires off the street again. So, if your thinking of ever working for AA you had better be real comfortable where you are at right now to wait this mess out.

...and upgrade to captain may be non-existent!!

Not true at all. American has a very senior pilot group. If you are 1 of the first hired when hiring resumes there will be atleast a 10 year gap between you and and the guy hired in front of you. Upgrade may be 20 years for him but only 8 for you.

Not true at all. American has a very senior pilot group. If you are 1 of the first hired when hiring resumes there will be atleast a 10 year gap between you and and the guy hired in front of you. Upgrade may be 20 years for him but only 8 for you.

You're dead on.

I think the SWA clown was referring to their newhires.

Oh pinch me, recall finally. I wouldn't concentrate on working for AA it is the Mecca of pilot/mgmt dysfunction.

Latest resources

Back