Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rebuttal against age 65 (for FoxHunter and Jim Smith)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like Foxhunter and all the other +57yr olds wanting to change the age 60 Rule are starting to panic about their upcoming retirements.

Calm down now grandpa.

And THERE is the next argument that'll be put forth... All women pilots should be allowed to fly to 68-69. Crap, I'm never gonna get in that seat...:laugh:

Great point!!! If we follow ICAO's recommendations, then we had better let all women pilots fly until 68 or 69, and males fly up to 65. Is that right Foxhunter? You seem to believe everything ICAO and your lovely Secratariat states.......

Bye Bye--General Lee

And, is there age discrimination in the Constitution? Yes there is. There is a minimum age to become President of the United States. Should we re-write the Constitution?

I win.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You posted this months ago and I responded. When the rule was put into effect, there was no such thing as age discrimination. In 1967, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act was passed. It protects workers 40 years of age and older. It does not protect those under the age of 35 who want to become President.

HRDiva

I don't want my cops and my firefighters to be 63 either. I also get nervous when I meet surgeons who are that old.

Here's another one to add to the General's list ('cause I think he's on the right track):
One can't smoke in the average restaurant in the U.S. anymore because it was determined over many years that second-hand smoke is harmful to others' life expectancy, thus possibly their careers (gimme a little room here).
That law took decades to arrive. It only takes a few seconds to realize that letting a current pilot fly past age sixty negatively affects the careers (and possibly the health) of many other pilots.
If (or when) the age 60 rule goes away, whatever the upper limit, everyone reading this board will be REQUIRED to work to that age to get to their planned career milestone.
I'd rather be doing something other than flying for those 5 or 7 or 9 or twenty extra years some folks want to tack on to my career.

Actually I go to an old and young guy.Its a father son practice they are real Dr's. So I let them combine my FAA and HMO physical once a yr.Works great and saves time. BTW they would never belong to that group.General Lee assumes from his response I am for repealing age 60, how I don't know as all i put on was a link.

Last edited:
Let it Go.

Embarrassed to admit seeing this @ the FedEx Memfo A.O.C. recently (thats our flt. ops). I noticed two recently over 60 Flight Engineers in uniform with black electrical tape over their "4th stripe" on their epaultes! Besides being cheap (as I know one is a non-member) they look like idiots - guess they're attempting to make somekind of a statement.

Just let it go guys and retire.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back