Reading for the Future Airline Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
Arghh. My CFI made me read "Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators" when I had 100 hours. Then I ended up using it as a reference when I began teaching.

I hated that book. Just reading the title now brings back the horror.

Ahhh, the classics.

landlover said:
go get an MBA screw punching holes in the sky for 15 cents an hour.

Well, an MBA can be a total waste of time and $$ as well. Why not broaden your knowledge in other areas such as personal finances, investing, etc? Don't eat and sleep aviation because you'll eventually burn out and you may very well need some other areas of expertise at some point in your career. Hopefully you're spending your time in college getting a degree in something other than "Aviation Studies".....;)

Yeah, I'm actually getting a degree in Applied Math and Software Engineering.... but I'm about burned out on those two, don't think I'd ever really want a job doing either.

Studying up on investing and such really is a good idea, thanks for mentioning that. Can't ever start too early with those things and it could really help out in the future.

I'm sorry I could not resist, it is a personally defect. What are you doing in college if you want to be a pilot? To be a pilot you have to fly airplanes. Of the 177 airlines hiring only 5 make the degree a show stopper. Finish your degree on the side, be ready for the 2007 hiring boom.

I'm sorry I got to him too late, if I had only known sooner I could have helped him, but how was I to know he was that close. Well best of luck anyway.

pilotyip said:
I'm sorry I could not resist, it is a personally defect. What are you doing in college if you want to be a pilot? To be a pilot you have to fly airplanes. Of the 177 airlines hiring only 5 make the degree a show stopper. Finish your degree on the side, be ready for the 2007 hiring boom.

And here we go .............................

No willow Run it too late we can not save him from getting a degree. So I guess we will have too try and save someone else.

Hey guys, thanks much for all the info. I've ordered the Turbine Pilot's Flight Manual and should have it by the end of the week.

pilotyip, just in case it makes you feel better... I'm getting my degree out of purely personal reasons, not because I want to check off a box for airlines.

Latest resources

Back