Reading for the Future Airline Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
Arghh. My CFI made me read "Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators" when I had 100 hours. Then I ended up using it as a reference when I began teaching.I/QUOTE]

I have to say that this book is the bible. I don't read it but use it for reference when anyone asks a question I can't answer (more often than not).

pilotyip said:
Get one for whatever reason you want to, but it is not the route to a successful flying career. I am just a voice in the widerness saying you do not have to follow the "college is the only way" crowd to be successful in this buisness.

Yip, I think we would all agree it is not "THE" route to a successful flying career, but it is "A" route. Not one single person can say that one path is better than another... Know why? Because every single person will tend to believe that their way was the best, and no one can really have an unbiased opinion. Which is all we are really spewing forth here anyway - opinions. And the definition of "successful flying career" is very different from person to person. You may have found your successsful flying career, and for that I am truely happy for you, but do not think for one second that it is everyone's idea of successful.

freeflyer could not agree more

freeflyer I agree 100% getting a college degree is one way to pursue a career in avaition, but it is not the only. It is only one of the ways. That is what I have been standing for all along. Again my experience at age 54 looking for a job when Zantop bit the dust. My college degree ment nothing, no job offers, no interviews, no nothing. The fall back value of a degree after not using it for 30 years is greatly over rated. True I needed to get one to get into Navy Flight Training back in 1965, but that is a differenct story.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back