Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chase

Re-Current Training for SWA Poolies

I wanted to start this thread for those folks who may have some suggestions on what to do to start preparing for those new hire classes in early '03. I'll provide some of my observations. I know there are some other sites out there that might be useful for folks to review so it isn't necessarily required to buy anything to get a good review.

John Pansmith has good flash cards that are useful. Many folks on here have used them & recommend them. 480.963.6399

This is a great link to get info on the 737, all variants:

737 Training Site

If you have other sites/info please post below for those poolies who are in the shallow end or even for those who can tread water & study at the same time. I hope everyone will be out of the pool soon. You can expect to see me at every new hire party that I can make. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

News from the SWA Flight Ops Hotline as of 25 Oct 02:

The additional aircraft deliveries announce last week with the third quarter earnings are as follows. We have taken delivery of all nineteen aircraft that were scheduled for delivery. There will be an additional four aircraft delivered from Boeing this year in the fourth quarter. Next year we were scheduled for thirteen deliveries and we are getting an additional four aircraft for a total of 17. With the retirement of six -200s, we will now gain eleven aircraft in 2003. This is slightly different from Tuesdays message, but is current as of today. We plan to resume hiring in January, but the number of new hire classes has not been finalized.

One other note for poolies, send a PM to me for one other piece of useful info that might find useful for getting ready. Good luck,

Again to those who haven't left the pool thanks for your loyalty & patience with SWA. It will be paying off soon.

Last edited:
Another Web Site

Hey Poolies,

I've browsed through both web sites that chase and Slug posted. Both contain lots of good information. Another web site for B-737 information is: The 737 Information Site . John Pansmith's email address is [email protected] and he's very prompt in responding. John suggested I wait until I have an idea when I start class to get the most recent SWA information.

A question for those already flying the line: for new hires in January, which model B-737 do we study? Does it matter if it's the -300, -500, or -700? Take care all.

I think there are some software training aids out there, I saw some at a place called the Stop Over Store in the Marriott Hotel Lower Lobby at IAH ride the airport train over .

They were series specific, 300-500, 800-900, 700, ect

studies...

Study the -300, but not too hard. The awesome guys at the Trng. Ctr. will do most of the work, and they want you to know it their way. Good luck, sounds like 2003 will keep getting better.

Latest resources

Back