RDU - JFK Commute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MD80DRVR

Does anyone here commute RDU-JFK? How is it? I noticed it's all RJ's, are they packed all day long? Is eagle and comair CASS?

Thanks.

We(on the 328Jet) used to joke that it should be an int'l route... full plane, 1000 heavy bags, and nobody speaks english except for the frustrated FA! Good luck with the commute...

Fly

I did that route with Comair quite a bit. Most of the time they fly a 40 seater and it's almost always full.

Once Comair joins CASS, you shouldn't have a problem if you're with a CASS member. The 40 seats with everything full won't usually be weight limited.

chperplt said:
I did that route with Comair quite a bit. Most of the time they fly a 40 seater and it's almost always full.

Once Comair joins CASS, you shouldn't have a problem if you're with a CASS member. The 40 seats with everything full won't usually be weight limited.

Huh? Since when does a CARJ have 40 seats... I thought it was 50? Or does Comair operate another type?

Comair does have a few CRJs which are configured with 40 seats, although I heard a rumor that these are being converted to 50 seat aircraft. Comair is not CASS, but will take as many jumpseats as can fit in back.

Comair has plenty of CRJs that are 40 seats. They are the 50 seat airframe configured with 40 seats.. They've had them a long time and are nothing new.

You'll find the 40 seaters going to JFK, BOS, and DCA quite a bit. As I said, the RDU-JFK runs are 40 seaters and are generally full. Comair runs 3 flights a day on that route. One leaves at 11:10, another at 2:40 and the third at 4:40.

That's interesting, first I've heard of it. (Outta touch Skippy!) I guess that relieves Comair's need to purchase a smaller aircraft. Is the legroom pretty decent?

aa73 said:
That's interesting, first I've heard of it. (Outta touch Skippy!) I guess that relieves Comair's need to purchase a smaller aircraft. Is the legroom pretty decent?

Only in the 1st row.

The seat pitch is the same as the 50 seat version, just a few rows removed and replaced with big closets. Which on ASA's 40 seaters anyway, are only for crew use.

Latest resources

Back