• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rampers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CHQ has at least three (that I know of) guys on the pilot list, all captains, that worked ramp or station ops for us before flying. It can help, since there should be a bunch of pilots willing to walk in your stuff and send a letter for you as long as you didn't piss them off in your past lifr. Good luck..

..CT

taters,

I did six years with United and I can honestly say it helps to be a ramper not just with things like Weight and Balance but also with giving you perspective and appreciation for the business.

You are in a good place and you WILL make it.

Chicken Taco, you are right, I probably know at leat one of those guys you are talking about. I know that CHQ prides its self on hiring from within. I wish I would have never gotten furloughed from CHQ, I miss that place. I sure hope that I can make it back there soon, only difference that I will be in the right seat of an ERJ.

Gofish said:
taters,

I did six years with United and I can honestly say it helps to be a ramper not just with things like Weight and Balance but also with giving you perspective and appreciation for the business.

You are in a good place and you WILL make it.

Ditto. You get to know people at the airline, you understand how things work, you have a work history FOR an airline, etc.

I did it and I don't regret it for a minute. Even though I had to occasionally remove a sick-sack full of poop. Mmmm... gotta love the Metro!

Latest resources

Back