Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ramped by 2 airport cops and 2 sheriffs. . .Accused me of a Felony!!!! No Kidding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver said:
So, I guess this municipality has already done away with the meth labs, crack dealers, child molestors and every other criminal enterprise that SHOULD take precedence over an airplane with the wrong registration?

Kind of like those Nazis in TX going into a bar and busting people for being intoxicated on the premise that they will eventually drive home. Good police work. Really nipping crime in the bud. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I lost any respect for cops when the various SWAT units (read SEAL Team wannabes) stood in the parking lot at Columbine H.S. arguing about who had the authority to run the operation.

If my kid had been one of those who bled out while that clusterf%@k was happening outside, I'd never rest until they were all working as Wal-mart greeters.TC
Careful there buddy, the SHEOPLE don't want to hear stuff like this.

I lost respect for a lot of LEO's when the Texas cops kept their mouths shut about the truth of the Federal governments tactics at Elk, Texas.

:)

Elk, TX was where the Branch Dividians' compound was located. The media just says Waco to keep it simple for their audience.

I know this has been hashed and re-hashed but the county Sheriff could have just busted Koresh when he went to town to buy K-Y Jelly for his new 12-y.o. wife.

The Feds wanted to send a message.TC

AA717driver said:
Sorry, I lost any respect for cops when the various SWAT units (read SEAL Team wannabes) stood in the parking lot at Columbine H.S. arguing about who had the authority to run the operation.

Remember guys, a few dickheads does not a systemic problem make.

Should we conclude that all pilots are devoid of sense because Beavis and Butthead took their RJ up to 41K for "fun", then flamed out and augered into a neighborhood in Missouri?

I've run into a few knuckleheads packing badges and guns, just like I've run into a few knuckleheads packing pilot certificates. By and large most of both groups are good guys though.

I'll bet that for every idiot that dithered in the parking lot at Columbine, two died at the WTC on 9/11.

Read through the Officer Down Memorial Page for a little perspective.

Hold West said:
That is very true...I believe that.

However, while your cite to memorial page is an honorable one, more women die on the job than men [to be fair and truthful, I made a mistatement here] and those persons are not cops. They are people who work around money, people who are killed in proximity to money, while making minimum wage and minimum benefits at convenience stores, liquor stores, grocery stores and banks.

Police officers accept the job, knowing that there are risks. However, I don't think anyone that has to take a job on the night shift at the quicky-mart expects to die in the line of duty over the master's money.

Women and Workplace Violence Since 1980, job-related violence has been the leading cause of death in the workplace for women. In 1996 34% of fatal injuries among women were homicides.

Workplace violence is not distributed randomly across all workplaces but is clustered in particular occupational settings. More than half (56%) of workplace homicides occurred in retail trade and service industries.
- US Dept of Health and Human Services, NIOSH, 1999
Of selected occupations examined from 1993 to 1999, police officers were the most likely to be victims of workplace violence, as well as correctional officers, taxicab drivers, private security workers, and bartenders.
- US Dept of Justice, 2002

If there is 1 policeman per 1,000 people, how could the above statisic be true if...

Homicide was the third leading cause of death in the workplace in 2000.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 674 workplace
homicides in 2000, accounting for 11% of the total 5,915 fatal work injuries
in the US.
-​
OSHA 2002

Risk factors for violence related fatal injuries in the workplace include contact with the public, exchange of money, delivering passengers, goods or services, working alone or in small numbers, working late night or early morning hours, and working in high crime areas.
- US Dept of Labor 2002

Last edited:
Hold West said:

Should we conclude that all pilots are devoid of sense because Beavis and Butthead took their RJ up to 41K for "fun", then flamed out and augered into a neighborhood in Missouri?

I've run into a few knuckleheads packing badges and guns, just like I've run into a few knuckleheads packing pilot certificates. By and large most of both groups are good guys though.

I'll bet that for every idiot that dithered in the parking lot at Columbine, two died at the WTC on 9/11.

Read through the Officer Down Memorial Page for a little perspective.

I lost all respect for pilots, when I heard about the "410 it dude" flight. A few days later I saw two America West pilots arrested for DUI in Miami. Not long after that, Discovery Channel had a special about some Navy hot-shots who cut a cable-car cable down in Spain/Italy (?). Then CNN had a clip about some Delta pilots who took a pay cut and "couldn't pay the bills" because "times were tough" on $150,000 a year and wanted Mr.Average Joe American to support them in their quest for "equality"

what a joke these cowboys who work as "pilots"

Remind me to never fly when I travel....out of control ego maniacs

Last edited:
Metro752 said:
Oh Florida Oh Florida How Your Strippers Breeats Glean With Glitter!
No, you're a towel!

Cartman:You just have no long-term memory because you get high all the time!

Towelie: Don't preach to me fatso!

Cartman: I can preach to you all I want 'cause you're stupid!

Towelie: You're stupid!

Cartman: You're a towel!

Towelie: You're a towel!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back