Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ramped by 2 airport cops and 2 sheriffs. . .Accused me of a Felony!!!! No Kidding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Been away for awhile...whadidimiss?

(*reads other posts*)

Oh my....This is Thread Flight 93 squaking 7500.

CE

(*Finds parachute*)

I don't think that I need to defend my self against these personal attacks, but I can assure you that this is real. It did happen exactly as I describe, and I started the thread mainly to help others. This is not meant to be political and someone really needs to crack down on thread hijackers such as FN_FAL. Just be nice man!

FN FAL said:
You're an idiot. Skylawyer is a fake and you drank the coolaide.

I believe it is "Kool Aid" which is a registered trademark of Kraft foods, along with various other mumbo-jumbo of brands, that noone else is interested in.:D

As far as I know you have to show your papers to the FAA or (representative thereof) to include state and federal officers. Why they blocked you in, called out the swat team, gave you an enema then told you to bend over and "just relax" is news to me. The only time I have EVER seen that done was when the D.E.A and US Customs took down a 172 after landing in Tamiami. Odds are they were making a part 91 run to pay off the school loan.

FN FAL said:
You're an idiot. Skylawyer is a fake and you drank the coolaide.

Oh no, insults! I could care less. Look, I've got better BS radar than most on here, I've unmasked 3 separate posers in my time on FI, and I get no such vibe from this guy.

What I do get is an overwhelming sense of your need to be more informed than anybody on areas pertaining to firearms, caravans, and your self-imagined sense of superiority in all matters concerning your understanding of the law and civil liberties.

You can call the guy a fake all you want: Prove it, smart-ass!

Last edited:
:-) said:
Baa
Baa
Baa

Better to die on your feet, than live on your knees!

A sheep? No, somebody who has a firm grip on the reality of the situation at hand.

Police officers deserve our respect. Any officer you come into contact with is not the judge or jury regarding any laws you may have broken. But they do have the power to deprive you of your liberty and as such, some discretion and craftiness is warranted. Here's a hypothetical situation for you Calvin: You get ramped by a local cop, he asks to see your pilot certificate. You refuse to let him handle it because of some crap you heard on the internet or think you may have remembered reading about in AOPA. If the cop your talking to is not a patient, super professional individual, your actions will seem highly suspicious, and what may have been a routine matter now has his attention in a whole new light. "At least I have my principles" you think, as he hauls you off to jail so that a better idea of who you are and what it you were really up to can be ascertained.

What wold you do? I'll answer for you: you'd stand there just like the rest of us alpha-male, type A, authority respectful aviator types, patiently and politely responding to the officer's requests.

Sure is easy to talk smack on the internet, though. :D

LJDRVR said:
What wold you do? I'll answer for you: you'd stand there just like the rest of us alpha-male, type A, authority respectful aviator types, patiently and politely responding to the officer's requests.

Thats what I did!

LJDRVR said:
  • Cooperate earnestly until arrested, then STFU and exercise your right to remain silent, no matter how much you believe "cooperating" with your captors may result in your release. Get a lawyer.
So you're saying that during a police detention like this ramp detention by county police, blurt out things that will get you arrested and will be used against you later in a court of law, when you have a lawful right to do otherwise. Then, after it's too late and you're arrested, be quiet?

That's not what the law says LJDRVR.

The law says that the county cop had a lawful right to ask for those documents and ID.

The law says that iflyabeach has lawful obligation to show those things to an officer.

The law says that person has the lawful right to remain silent when being detained or arrested by a police officer. If the officer gets mad because you won't answer questions during a detention or arrest, that's too bad, because I can not have respect for any officer of the law, that does not respect the law himself.

Last edited:
SKYLAWYER said:
...........Metro72 if it makes you feel better you can read my profile and see I went the regional route for a while. I am a fellow aviator at heart. There are a ton of crap lawyers and they give some of the better ones a bad reputation. I understand your frustration.
SKYLAWYER,

I am sorry.

Eagle,

thanks for cleaning that up for me. I apologize to you as well.

LJDRVR said:
What I do get is an overwhelming sense of your need to be more informed than anybody on areas pertaining to firearms, caravans, and your self-imagined sense of superiority in all matters concerning your understanding of the law and civil liberties.

What I get a sense of, is that you are jealous that people know stuff and you don't.

Latest resources

Back