Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH Representation Election - Write in "RPC"!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems you don't know much about your OWN C and B's. Great, just friggin' great. Someone who has PREVENTED me from representing my own interests is UNABLE to even UNDERSTAND his own union structure. Great.....BTW Moot point, the end is near.

AND the FACT that no F9'ers can run for office was made VERY CLEAR by FAPA to the Dumpstah leadership. When asked about it, AND asked if it could be CHANGED, they just kinda went "...er...uh.....really? Uh...er....um... gotta go now..." Mark my words, ya can't NEVER get a good nights sleep after beating your wife.....

I found this language in the Republic contract and can't find anything similar in the Frontier contract: "The Company will not transfer any Company aircraft or schedule any pilots to fly any trips for airlines that are on strike unless mutually agreed by the Company and the Union."

Did Frontier pilots approve a contract where they can be forced to fly for an airline on strike? Seriously?

If Frontier pilots went on strike, the Republic pilots would be allowed to refuse to fly any aircraft branded as Frontier. Shouldn't every pilot group have that in their contract?

The right to take secondary action (e.g., sympathy strike, honor struck work) is inherent to the RLA. The Frontier pilots already have that right without having to put it into their CBA. If management wants to prohibit it, then they are required to negotiate a "no strike clause" into the CBA, since the law itself favors the union on this one. If the FAPA contract doesn't contain such a no-strike provision, then the FAPA pilots have the right to honor struck work.

AND the FACT that no F9'ers can run for office was made VERY CLEAR by FAPA to the Dumpstah leadership. When asked about it, AND asked if it could be CHANGED, they just kinda went "...er...uh.....really? Uh...er....um... gotta go now..." Mark my words, ya can't NEVER get a good nights sleep after beating your wife.....

Okay, first of all, please calm down. Now then, after a few cleansing breaths, please tell me WHO told you that F9 pilots could NOT run for office? This is most definitely NOT TRUE. Please, call someone from 357 and talk to anyone there (attorney, EXCO member, business agent - just call SOMEONE and have them read to you the C & B. You will find out that you CAN run for office. No one is going to stop you - except for you.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation being given to the F9 pilots. Please, I'm asking nicely, to please talk to someone at 357. I hope they can answer your questions.

SECTION 4: ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP

Eligibility to membership in this Local Union shall be as set forth in the International Constitution, and applicants for membership shall comply with and be subject to the requirements imposed by these Bylaws and the International Constitution.

IBT Constitution page 16

(d). To be eligible for election to any office in a Local
Union a member who has been involuntarily transferred
from one Local Union to another Local Union
must have
ART. II, SEC. 4
[ 16 ]
worked at the craft as a member under the jurisdiction of
the Local Union from which he has been transferred
, and
must have been so employed and in continuous good
standing on a cumulative basis in both Local Unions for
a total of twenty-four (24) consecutive months prior to
nomination.

Been a pilot at F9 for 24 months?

Pay all your dues?

You are welcome to seek nomination and run. Always have, always will.

Yup, you really can't read and comprehend can you. Read it again and again. If you can't, ask for someone to read it for you. If you still can't understand, go back to school and learn how to.

Another F9 pilots credibility and integrity got shot down by his own arrogance.

SECTION 4: ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP

Eligibility to membership in this Local Union shall be as set forth in the International Constitution, and applicants for membership shall comply with and be subject to the requirements imposed by these Bylaws and the International Constitution.

IBT Constitution page 16

(d). To be eligible for election to any office in a Local
Union a member who has been involuntarily transferred
from one Local Union to another Local Union must have
ART. II, SEC. 4
[ 16 ]
worked at the craft as a member under the jurisdiction of
the Local Union from which he has been transferred, and
must have been so employed and in continuous good
standing on a cumulative basis in both Local Unions for
a total of twenty-four (24) consecutive months prior to
nomination.

Been a pilot at F9 for 24 months?

Pay all your dues?

You are welcome to seek nomination and run. Always have, always will.

So FAPA is a "Local Union" as defined by the IBT?

Regardless, the section you cite is not applicable due to the fact that 357 is a new charter.

See Section 4.A.4(b) of IBT C&B

"
In newly chartered Local Unions which have been in existence for
less than twenty-four (24) months, a candidate for Local Union office
must be a member and in continuous good standing in such Local Union
and must have worked under its jurisdiction as a member for at least
half of the period of time since the Local Union was separately
chartered by the International Union.
(c). In newly chartered Local Unions, chartered as a result of
split-off or merger, a candidate must be a member of the newly
chartered Local Union, must have worked in the jurisdiction for a
total period of two (2) years, and for a total period of twenty-four
(24) consecutive months prior to nomination must be in continuous good
standing on a cumulative basis in the newly chartered Local Union and
the Local Union from which the newly chartered Local Union was​
split-off or with which the newly chartered Local Union was merged.
"

So Either your EXCO doesn't understand the IBT By-laws, or they are being disingenuous once again.

ExCo Chairman Pat Gannon has agreed to meet with our pilot group tomorrow. While I can't attend the meeting, I'm sure the question of having to wait 24 months will be asked and clarified. This whole representation "issue" might turn out to be a moot point anyway...time will tell.

Latest resources

Back