• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH recalls furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah same gnmt A$$ who started the rumar that the deal to transfer USAir's E-190 over to RAH has already been inked....Fat bastard Fabio

What IDIOT would assume thing? If they really said this they need to look over legal contracts and scope let alone the number of 70 seat regional jets at airways as to the number that are suppose to be allowed. Got news for many mainline guys are fighting to correct this situation.

The problem is people don't realize how to spend their money wisely. You can live quite handsomely on a 60K income. But there is the other group of people who think they need to make 6 figures and only buy the best of the best. In times like these its good to be frugal especially if your still on 1st FO pay.

You cannot comfortably support a family of 4 on 60k per year. On top of that, there are very few regionals that I know of that pay first officers that much. The average income for a family in 2007 was $50,233. It is pathetic an airline captain with years of experience is barely above average salary wise in this country. What is really sad is that a regional first officer cannot even make that much. That is why it is such a big deal to see companies like ATA, Midwest, Aloha, etc. go out of business while companies like Republic and Mesaba expand. It seems like there are no new well-paying jobs. Only ********************ty regional jobs. The days of going to a regional, upgrading in a year and a half, and leaving for a major are over. The regionals pay like stepping stones, but they are not stepping stones anymore.

Where do you live????

The problem is people don't realize how to spend their money wisely. You can live quite handsomely on a 60K income. But there is the other group of people who think they need to make 6 figures and only buy the best of the best. In times like these its good to be frugal especially if your still on 1st FO pay.

Well that's just great, as a pilot I should be satisfied with 60K income. I guess we all have to move to midwest and find some rustbelt town to move into a house for under 100K, because I got news for you, 60K is not going to provide for a family on the west coast and life is toooooooo short to have to live in the midwest!

And once again, putting blame on Republic pilots that have absolutely NOTHING to do with how Midwest got to this dire position, or that RAH pilots made this management decision on this flying for Midwest.

Midwest pilots should blame their own CEO for failing to be competitive in a crowded market (60% load factor doesn't cut it), high fuel prices, and a recession economy. Get some maturity and some education.

I agree with the statement above.. But when your in the Hotel van and you hear these guys boasting about all the new flying they are getting..You kinda wanna shove their hats down their throats...

I agree with the statement above.. But when your in the Hotel van and you hear these guys boasting about all the new flying they are getting..You kinda wanna shove their hats down their throats...

That's because you fly for the biggest D-----bag in the history of the regionals. Have you ever thought that the guys you are referring to are saying this for your benefit?

Just keep telling yourself that Paul Foley is at Mesa to build the company into something great ...................... yeah, just like he did everywhere else. Enjoy your life at Mesa.

You cannot comfortably support a family of 4 on 60k per year. On top of that, there are very few regionals that I know of that pay first officers that much. The average income for a family in 2007 was $50,233. It is pathetic an airline captain with years of experience is barely above average salary wise in this country. What is really sad is that a regional first officer cannot even make that much. That is why it is such a big deal to see companies like ATA, Midwest, Aloha, etc. go out of business while companies like Republic and Mesaba expand. It seems like there are no new well-paying jobs. Only ********************ty regional jobs. The days of going to a regional, upgrading in a year and a half, and leaving for a major are over. The regionals pay like stepping stones, but they are not stepping stones anymore.

nobody put a gun to your head and made you have 2 kids. that was your choice. and if you kept having kids while your wages were in a downward spiral, then shame on you. work another job on your days off.

edited to reflect that hockeypilot may not have 2 kids, he/she's just making an argument based on a family of that size. if that's the case, my post is not intended specifically for him/her, but for the countless people complaining about not being able to raise 2 kids on a regional captain's salary.

Last edited:
You cannot comfortably support a family of 4 on 60k per year.

Maybe you can't. But I sure can. And I do, in fact.

(But I don't live in California or New York. That'd certainly change things. :D )

Whoa whoa I never said anything about having a family. As a single young guy I can do it just fine. Doin it for the most part ok right now on 12K. Now would I be happy with the ******************** pay at a regional no hell no.

Latest resources

Back