• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH recalls furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, 25 jobs brought back paying $22.95/hour. These pilots make a base salary of $20,655/year (75 x 12 x 22.95). If these pilots are working at McDonalds or Walmart full-time, then they are taking a pay cut to return to Republic.

On a brighter note, they get to fly the almighty 170 which is a really cool airplane!!! The passengers love it and think they're on mainline. (sarcasm)

For reference, this guy was pumping gas 5 years ago, and now he's the critic of the industry!

TY/JJJ why don't you chill out and get off the internet for awhile?

Because you don't sound like the chill guy that I used to know.

Last edited:
Besides that I believe the replacement workers flying Midwest routes is scablike. Note: I didn't say they are scabs. I'm sure the next post will say something about how pilots don't get to decide which routes they fly etc...

I guess it would have been better to keep the RAH guys on furlough and shut Midwest down. It's better to have more people out of work, right? At least you and your posse can whine and complain like little kids about things you can't control. Amen for the internet.

To the RAH guys excited about new flying and opportunities: probably bad form to be excited on Flightinfo when so many other companies are struggling. Just remember the flavor of the month today will be the under-bid, struggling contract carrier after the next round of BK.

To FORMER RAH pilots who accepted the job when it paid 19.75 and made it out to, oh, say NW or DL; It's REALLY bad form to constantly bitch about kids flying jumbo RJs for ******************** pay when you were there yourself less than a year ago, and accepted the job when it paid even less to start. Maybe now that you made it to the show you should be working on scope, one-list issues etc to try to get your brothers there instead of constantly bitching about guys taking the EXACT SAME PATH you did. I'm just saying.

BTW assuming Walmart or McD's paid 9 dollars an hour to start (which most don't) the full year pay is 18.7K, and I guarantee the second year pay rate at those places isn't going to be anywhere near 30K. It's pretty sad that they're even close but let's try to stay accurate with the hyperbole, huh?

And to those of you thinking "at least my RJ only has 50 seats so I'm not hurting anybody" you're fooling yourself. Just ten or so short years ago your ORD-GRR, CVG-GSO, SLC-BIL or DTW-AZO route was flown by a 727-200, 737-200, DC9-10 or F100 by guys making 3 times what we make now.

We're ALL to blame for this mess.

To the RAH guys excited about new flying and opportunities: probably bad form to be excited on Flightinfo when so many other companies are struggling. Just remember the flavor of the month today will be the under-bid, struggling contract carrier after the next round of BK.

To FORMER RAH pilots who accepted the job when it paid 19.75 and made it out to, oh, say NW or DL; It's REALLY bad form to constantly bitch about kids flying jumbo RJs for ******************** pay when you were there yourself less than a year ago, and accepted the job when it paid even less to start. Maybe now that you made it to the show you should be working on scope, one-list issues etc to try to get your brothers there instead of constantly bitching about guys taking the EXACT SAME PATH you did. I'm just saying.

BTW assuming Walmart or McD's paid 9 dollars an hour to start (which most don't) the full year pay is 18.7K, and I guarantee the second year pay rate at those places isn't going to be anywhere near 30K. It's pretty sad that they're even close but let's try to stay accurate with the hyperbole, huh?

And to those of you thinking "at least my RJ only has 50 seats so I'm not hurting anybody" you're fooling yourself. Just ten or so short years ago your ORD-GRR, CVG-GSO, SLC-BIL or DTW-AZO route was flown by a 727-200, 737-200, DC9-10 or F100 by guys making 3 times what we make now.

Agreed. I want to see every single pilot make decent wages. I just don't like it when I hear my former Republic colleagues brag about all the new flying they are getting at other pilots' expense.

Doubting Thomas: You have the wrong guy.

Wow, I'm not used to such mature posts on this site. You know this is Flight Info right?

Just ten or so short years ago your ORD-GRR, CVG-GSO, SLC-BIL or DTW-AZO route was flown by a 727-200, 737-200, DC9-10 or F100 by guys making 3 times what we make now.

They dont make 3x as much now. Whos to blame for that?

Latest resources

Back