• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH in section 6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Four pilot groups in section 6 may not. But four negotiating committees working together might not be such a bad thing.

We can only hope that will be the case. It'll be interesting to see how ALPA's front office works to create a united front, especially with Republic being Teamsters. On the surface it plays to Prater's campaign.

A top union-busting attorney with 27 years of union busting experience

-VS-

Negotiating Committee comprised of motivated and energized pilots and a lawyer proven to be of little help. I know the Exco has great intentions and are very motivated to do the right thing, but it is almost unfair. We're bringing the knife to the gun fight.

You forgot the most important part of the equation: your pilot group. If they all show up for the gunfight well-informed, motivated, and ready to take some personal responsibility your negotiators will have some leverage. If a significant number of them are content to simply stand around and let "the union" negotiate your contract, grab your ankles and hope for the best.

You guys have all the leverage you need to get a great contract....go out there and get it. Your expanding like mad. Best of luck to ya!!

Easy dude, don't have a coronary. You need to keep your medical to at least age 60:) . I Don't think 9E's omission was meant as a slight. Everyone thinks of ASA because "negotiations" have been going on for so long and the pilot group is a vocal one.

You are right, and I'd like to apologize. That sure did come across as angry. And it was a drunk post. My apologizes to anyone offended.

I'll feel better after I get my cookie! :)

A top union-busting attorney with 27 years of union busting experience

-VS-

Negotiating Committee comprised of motivated and energized pilots and a lawyer proven to be of little help. I know the Exco has great intentions and are very motivated to do the right thing, but it is almost unfair. We're bringing the knife to the gun fight.

Already making excuses for why you won't be able to get a better contract...
The truth is, I talked to a guy's I know know at REP and he said that the goal was to get a better contract but not as much as having a contract that make REP uncompetitive for more flying...Mesa=REP=CHQ, ETC ETC ETC.

Whoever it was you talked to made that up. Or maybe you did.

NI I did not, he his an ex F/O I use to fly with, You have took crapy contract for growth in the past what stop you from doing it again? What the pay rate on the 88 seat E175 (F100.Dc9 replacement)?

NI I did not, he his an ex F/O I use to fly with, You have took crapy contract for growth in the past what stop you from doing it again? What the pay rate on the 88 seat E175 (F100.Dc9 replacement)?
Uh, no we took the crappy pay rates to secure one list. Otherwise Republic would have been Freedom part Deux or perhaps the first Go-Jets. Don't let the facts get in your way though.

honestly, this will be a tough one. they have a huge weapon, and our best ground level leader has just stepped down with nobody in sight to fill the shoes. Lots of new people at this company most have nver been through an negotiation or a strike vote.

Already making excuses for why you won't be able to get a better contract...
The truth is, I talked to a guy's I know know at REP and he said that the goal was to get a better contract but not as much as having a contract that make REP uncompetitive for more flying...Mesa=REP=CHQ, ETC ETC ETC.

Reminds me of a joke...

Man approaches a gorgeous woman and asks if she would have sex with him for $1,000,000. She enthusiastically accepts his offer. So the man then asks if she would have sex with him for $20.00. She counters with a "No, what do you think I am?" He replies, "We've already established that. Now we're just negotiating the price."

Seriously though, relatively good contracts have been signed since 9/11. There is no excuse for agreeing to a substandard contract. In some cases, suffering with the old contract, while holding out for a better deal may be far better then jumping at management's first, second or even third offer.

Don't let the wide eyed wunderkind settle. Unfortunately, a lot will fall on the shoulders of the senior pilots.

Latest resources

Back