• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH in section 6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any guesses as to how long this is gonna take- might as well pop right on in to mediated sessions. After all- many people think ASA is the only airline subject to drawn out, multi year negotiations. Bet this one proves that theory wrong. Long, lengthy, drawn out contract negotiations are now an aviation and airline industry standard.

. Hopefully these guys show some grit here and help out the rest of the industry. With both Mesa and Republic negotiating, the bar could be raised for all of us.

You know, that almost P$sses me off that you left 9E out of this. In case you weren't watching, we just let 17 CRJ's go because we wouldn't "lower the bar" and take a substandard contract. The language of the new ASA with NW specifically said they were ours for 10 years if we signed what the company offered by March 30?

It is really about time someone gave 9E some props for fighting so hard and doing so much with so little.

It is really about time someone gave 9E some props for fighting so hard and doing so much with so little.

What do you want, a cookie?

Folks are pissed because since 2003 RAH and Mesa have "taken" "their" flying. Pinnacle hasn't done any of that, so therefore you fly below the radar.

I don't have any animosity toward RAH or MAG and support them 110% in their negotiations...but do you *really* want to have received vitriol and scorn from your fellow pilots for the last few years?

Reading over in the Flight dispatcher section. RAH dispatchers are in negotiations as well. It doesn't sound to great for them.

I'm curious how they are going to deal with two sets of negotiations, not just one. Or if it would even matter.

You know, that almost P$sses me off that you left 9E out of this. In case you weren't watching, we just let 17 CRJ's go because we wouldn't "lower the bar" and take a substandard contract. The language of the new ASA with NW specifically said they were ours for 10 years if we signed what the company offered by March 30?

You got some CRJ-900's to replace them, at a yet undetermined payrate. So excuse us for not feeling sorry for you.

Easy dude, don't have a coronary. You need to keep your medical to at least age 60:) . I Don't think 9E's omission was meant as a slight. Everyone thinks of ASA because "negotiations" have been going on for so long and the pilot group is a vocal one.

Having four pilot groups in section 6 at the same time will make no never mind to speed and success of negotiations. Management has no incentive to speed up the process and increase costs. It's better for them to pay labor under the old contract for as long as possible.

Look at XJT and XJ negotiations as a guide to how long the process takes. Just get yourself a good negotiating committee and stick to your guns.

...Having four pilot groups in section 6 at the same time will make no never mind to speed and success of negotiations. Management has no incentive to speed up the process and increase costs. It's better for them to pay labor under the old contract for as long as possible....

Four pilot groups in section 6 may not. But four negotiating committees working together might not be such a bad thing.

A top union-busting attorney with 27 years of union busting experience

-VS-

Negotiating Committee comprised of motivated and energized pilots and a lawyer proven to be of little help. I know the Exco has great intentions and are very motivated to do the right thing, but it is almost unfair. We're bringing the knife to the gun fight.

Latest resources

Back