• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH/CHQ Feb. Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All that matters is seniority. Take the first offer and go from there.

All that matters is seniority. Take the first offer and go from there.
Unless you're looking for a certain base. And you don't want to commute. QOL is important too, IMHO. If all the certificates had all the same bases, it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm off to an interview Next week.

I live close in the DFW area. So I suppose that all would suggest that I go for IAH or CRP in the CR2? I like the emb 170/175's though and that would most like be a crappy commute...

Besides IAH/CRP is there any other bases you think I should look at?

Any thoughts?

Republic

I'm off to an interview Next week.

I live close in the DFW area. So I suppose that all would suggest that I go for IAH or CRP in the CR2? I like the emb 170/175's though and that would most like be a crappy commute...

Besides IAH/CRP is there any other bases you think I should look at?

Any thoughts?

I got an interview with Republic on Jan. 10th... What are the chances of me getting offered a base in Texas in a CRJ200? When you get offered a job at a regional they don't say what airplane or domicile you will get do they?

From what I heard they tell you on the spot if you are hired and what aircraft. They send you an email before training letting you know which airline and I beleive they tell you which base after training (this is all from a friend who is just going through indoc right now)

My Shuttle class didn't find out what base we had until we were almost done with sim.

Sounds to me like you don't get to bid for Equipment or Base... They tell you, or did I miss something?

I thought when you got "the Call" they offered you a class date & equipment choice. Maybe I was mistaken about this?

How's upgrades going?

Last edited:
Well, you go to class for whatever certificate you'll be on (CHQ, Republic, or Shuttle) so you know what airplane type you'll be getting. Then once you get put in the computer system and can log on to the website, you put in a standing bid for what base you want, and then later on the bid awards are posted. In our case, it took freakin' forever to get put into the computer system, so we couldn't submit a bid until we were halfway through systems. Then the results weren't posted until we were almost done with sim. I think our case is a little unusual, but it can happen.

If you walk in and tell them. I want to fly the CRJ2,you're going to be in class for it. (If your interview goes well) Linda told a interview group last month, If you don't want to fly the CRJ, reapply in 12 months.

Just like that! Good Luck

Latest resources

Back