• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Radio Technique

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Personally, I like to be phraseologically correct and attempt to sound professional, yet, as I tire it becomes a chore. There is a time and a place for slang and such, and it can be pretty amusing. I will say this: when I hear some dipshit 'corporate' guy using 'Sugar' instead of 'Sierra' and saying the letters normally instead of phonetically, I just want to shoot those numbnuts.

I do know a guy whose been known to check in with information 'Llama' though, and it just cracks me up!!!!!!:laugh:

OMG, if I hear , "Here we go" when they tell you to start down...I am gonna....well...there isn't anything I can do...but you sound stupid when you say that.

And the...."Guinness 455 is taking runway 14...." Where are you taking the runway Guinness? We might need it later:)

Last edited:
Wankel7 said:
OMG, if I hear , "Here we go" when they tell you to start down...I am gonna....well...there isn't anything I can do...but you sound stupid when you say that.

I laugh every time I hear that. It's always said like they are about to go into a burning building to save a baby. Come on buddy, you just dialed in a new altitude and hit a button (heck, most of you boeing drivers don't even have to pull the power back). I'm going to start handing out medals to these guys.

SeaLord said:
I do know a guy whose been known to check in with information 'Llama' though, and it just cracks me up!!!!!!:laugh:
I've sometimes been guilty of reading back the mechanized pronunciations when giving the ATIS code.... Information Faxtrrrot, Information Wikki...

LAXSaabdude.

Latest resources

Back