Radiation or Rape...pick one

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buscap

I honestly believe the new grope program outlined below is part of a strategy to make the scanners more palatable. This is most likely the result of lobbying efforts of the scanner manufacturer and the failure of past technological investments such as the puffers.

I can just picture some pin-headed researcher hired by the builder, suggesting the best way to sell the scanners to the public is to give them an undesirable alternative.

TSA will put the ugliest-pedophile-trailer-trash types on pat-down duty and conduct the gropings right in front of all the folks in the scanner line. So there you are watching Quagmire do hie giggity-gigity while fingering some old lady's bung and you'll be hopping into that scanner with bells on!!

FROM THE BOSTON HERALD

Airline passengers nationwide will be subjected to new aggressive and controversial body searches likened to “foreplay” pat-downs under the expansion of a program tested at Logan International Airport.

Beginning Friday, the Transportation Security Administration will start using the new front-of-the-hand, slide-down screening technique for passengers at all 450 of the nation’s commercial airports.

The more invasive pat-downs - which include over-the-clothes searches of passengers’ breast and genital areas - have raised privacy issues among civil liberties advocates. TSA screeners previously used pat-down hand motions to search passengers, switching to the backs of their hands when covering sensitive areas such as the torso.

As first reported by the Herald in August, the TSA implemented the new body-search procedures at Logan and Las Vegas-McCarran International Airport because they were using the largest number of walk-through full-body scanners at security checkpoints. Also controversial, the scanners use low-dose X-rays to produce two-sided, head-to-toe images of passengers’ bodies - including discernible but indistinct images of private parts - while blurring facial features.

The TSA declined comment on the national rollout date, but two sources confirmed it. The pat-down techniques will be included in the TSA’s new set of standard operating procedures for screening issued Friday.

Passengers who opt not to walk through the full-body scanners are subject to the searches, as well as passengers who set off metal detectors at checkpoints without the scanners. The TSA also picks random passengers for the searches.

Lots of airline passengers are in for a surprise, said Chris Ott, spokesman for the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts, which assailed the new pat-downs when they started at Logan.

“We question the effectiveness of the methods that are being presented and the choice that travelers are being given,” he said. “. . . Travelers are being asked to choose between being scanned ‘naked’ and exposed to radiation, or getting what people are describing as just a highly invasive search by hands of their entire bodies.”

Kate Hinni, founder of the non-profit FlyersRights.org consumer group, said the new searches amount to a “foreplay pat-down” that for many people is going to “feel like a moral issue.”

“It’s like having to choose the lesser of two evils,” Hinni said. “Both are horribly invasive.”

[email protected]

http://bostonherald.com/business/gen...ess&position=4

I love your new avatar...

I would bet that guy thinks he looks cool, thinks he looks clever. He is just running around having his picture taken with two hairy balls on his chin.

-Very funny!

TSA will put the ugliest-pedophile-trailer-trash types on pat-down duty and conduct the gropings right in front of all the folks in the scanner line. So there you are watching Quagmire do hie giggity-gigity while fingering some old lady's bung and you'll be hopping into that scanner with bells on!!

LOL...

If this is true then I would go for the scanner, I'd go for it anyways. I doubt the TSA agents will take these new harsher pat downs seriously but if you've ever had a police style pat down, it's not very pleasant, and I'd imagine it would be pretty humiliating in the middle of a crowded airport line.

No Scanners,

Private pat downs,

Every Pilot, every airline, every day

Until the TSA stops messing with flight crews!

No Scanners,

Private pat downs,

Every Pilot, every airline, every day

Until the TSA stops messing with flight crews!

I think you just need a hug!
-I would bet Buscap's avatar would happily volunteer to fix you up with a real good one...

-After all, he already has two hairy balls on his chin.

These new pat-down procedures go beyond flight crews. It makes travel by air nearly impossible as I won't be allowing my wife to go through the radiation machine to have her naked picture taken and I won't have her humiliated by being sexually assaulted.

It wouldn't surprise me if people chose to not fly due soley to these machines and pat down procedures.

i say every pilot gets the pat down and then calls in unfit to fly due to the stress of being felt up by some overweight, smelly TSA agent...

I love your new avatar...

I would bet that guy thinks he looks cool, thinks he looks clever. He is just running around having his picture taken with two hairy balls on his chin.

-Very funny!

Do you know who his avatar is? Just curious.

Latest resources

Back