Radiation Leak at 3 Mile Island

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MDT stands for Melt Down Town!

hahahaha nice... PA is a messed up state. Just saw something online a few months ago about a town in PA I think it was called Centralia where there is an underground coal mine fire that has been going for like 50 years. The town is ghost town due to toxic smoke and firey sink holes. Anyways they say that there is enough coal left to burn for over another 200 years.

....yeah, windmills and solar panels are destroying the natural landscape, but NUCLEAR is the way to go! So clean... So efficient... So "neon" green....

I'd rather have a windmill in my back yard, than a NUCLEAR reactor in the same state!

And when the wind stops blowing and it's cloudy...then what? Hey, that coal plant puts more radiation out its stack than a Nuke plant will ever give off. Thorium-232, baby....most abundant radionuclide in the Erf's crust!

Those guys got 15mR..millirem. Big whoop! You'll get more than that LAX-NRT!! I've worked in radiation fields two orders of magnatude greater than that piss-ant event. Drawn 500mL water samples off the accelerator that read 10R/hr 10,000mr for those of you in Rio Linda.

Fact is, Nuke power is the only big-horsepower energy source we have to get ourselves off foreign oil, reduce commercial gas usage to drive the cost back down to the consumer, and placate the Algores of the world to reduce eeeevil carbon. In the meantime, the international community will continue fusion research at ITER and hopeychangey get that endless supply of energy off the ground!

...Nuke rant over...back to downgrade duties...

Latest resources

Back