QX to JNU and DUT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CKS747RCC

Hear it from a credible source that QX will be flying to JNU and DUT (ousting PenAir) after the first of the year. Anybody? Buehler?

The plan now is to fly ANC-FAI as shuttle flights with 2-3 planes and go from there. They want to do the SE in the Q but the RNP isn't good enough and they are working on it. With that said I see going up to Alaska but losing routes to SkyWest on the west coast. If the Q does become reliable, then I do see some fairly good size changes but don't hold your breath for that.
The RNP is the main factor with getting into JNU. Time will tell.

Who is ALK doing code share with out of Anchorage? PenAir and Era? I'd rather have QX guys doing it.

I hope the Q's APU can handle Fairbanks in the winter.

The min temp for starting the APU is -35C on the Q. There could possibly be some issues with that

-46 was my record preflight temp at PAFA.

PANC doesn't normally get that cold. I suppose they could run it from PANC until departure from PAFA. What would the "APU Sheriff" do?

-46 was my record preflight temp at PAFA.

PANC doesn't normally get that cold. I suppose they could run it from PANC until departure from PAFA. What would the "APU Sheriff" do?

I think the Sheriff would pull you over for speeding :) The mightiest of Dashs' Apu doesn't run in the air.

Could QX do single engine turns if the APU is MELed or if it's just to freaking cold?

Could QX do single engine turns if the APU is MELed or if it's just to freaking cold?

I am told they can.

They are flying to YYC and YEG both of which see those temps. AK shouldn't be a problem.

I'm also told they are re-certifying to fly RNP in addition to WAAS.

Latest resources

Back