• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QX to begin reducing SEA 200 early next year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are they completely going to phase out the 200? Are the planning on sending Q400's to places like ALW, etc? Also, what kind of lines are in the 200 vs. 400? Is it a typical 4 on 3 off with 4-7 in there somewhere?

In general, there are more 4 on/3 off lines in the 400. Those lines go more junior in the 400. The junior lines in the 200 are pretty scruffy: 5 and 6 days on with 2 days off (13 days off in 5 weeks). Most of the 400 lines seem to be decent and since the credit values are higher in the 400, you usually end up with more days off. The 400 lines will probably get scruffier with fewer average days off once the 400 does more 200 flying and the credit values drop.

One additional possible solution to the 200 flying is to simply drop the frequency into some of the smaller cities and fly them in the 400. Operationally, there's no place the 200 goes that the 400 can't go, and since the 400 is supposedly profitable half-full, I think there will be a phase-out of the 200 altogether, though it may take years.

As far as more triangle flying, I'm not sure SEA drive markets like EAT, YKM, PSC will tolerate triangles.

Last I heard, all classes were cancelled... :) Hi Andy!

News to me as I am starting on the 19th in the Q200 out of PDX. Maybe I will get a call tomorrow and they will tell me that the class is cancelled. Hopefully not, although I will let you all know if it happens.

I was told Nov 21st class date scheduled?

Unfortunately, the training plan hasn't been updated since 10/6, which still shows the 10/19 class (4 RJ, 6 200, 9 400), but nothing later. Unless Bombardier is behind on deliveries, I would be surprised if any classes this fall are cancelled. I think FlyinZuck may have been pulling someone's chain, hence the smiley.

Can somebody give me a realistic outlook on lets say doing a comute from ANC to SEA or PDX. 3 hours flight or so. If doable, which aircraft would be most friendly and base?

ANC to SEA/PDX is IMPOSSIBLE in the summer, don't even think about it.

Except that I did it for 3.5 years and never missed a trip. Commuting is all about frequency. Well, frequency and jumpseats. Horizon pilots can bump everybody but Alaska, so it isn't that hard to get a ride. Getting bumped for weight will piss you off though.

Latest resources

Back