• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QX to begin reducing SEA 200 early next year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ANC to SEA/PDX is IMPOSSIBLE in the summer, don't even think about it.

I have to agree: this is some bad advice. Even without the flightdeck jumpseat, the only time I struggled to commute was right around Christmas and Thanksgiving. And CASS carrier pilots were getting out in the jumpseats even over the holidays. Summers are actually pretty wide open, except for certain times of day. ANC-SEA may actually be the best commute (aside from the length of the flights) of any city pair in the entire QX/AS system.

If doable, which aircraft would be most friendly and base?

Hands down, no question: SEA Q400. Many, many more non-stops to SEA than PDX, allowing you to avoid the second Shuttle commute which can be a bear. Plus, SEA 400 will (ultimately) be a junior base even with displacements from the -200, meaning less time on reserve. I'm sure I don't have to tell anybody what a bad idea commuting to reserve is. :eek:

Can somebody give me a realistic outlook on lets say doing a comute from ANC to SEA or PDX. 3 hours flight or so. If doable, which aircraft would be most friendly and base?

So you're leaving us? I remember reading (on this forum) how stoked you were to get hired here (with pretty low time) after ERA took a dump. If you stayed you would upgrade here next year. Why, why, why would you want to start over at Horizon????? This is not a slam on Horizon, just wondering why you'd bail out on your senority and QOL to start over and look at a 6 year upgrade. Do you just want to stay at this level? I'm not trying to attack you, but I'm really confused by what it looks like you are going to do. Either way, good luck.

Can somebody give me a realistic outlook on lets say doing a comute from ANC to SEA or PDX. 3 hours flight or so. If doable, which aircraft would be most friendly and base?

D, QX has many pilots who live in ANC as you do....it's certainly doable.

Is Horizon HeadQuarter's in PDX or SEA? How about the maint base? The web-site says SEA HQ, but I thought everything was in PDX?

Latest resources

Back