• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QX Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
QX has some sick hiring practices. While frieghtdogs, good instructors are not getting hired, people with UND connection get there at 300ish hours.. All that for soon to be reduced wages and 7 year upgrades?

How about you do a little research before you talk about something you know nothing about.

Mins are 750 and 50.

And no, I was not hired or did not apply to QX.

Hey Pilotlbs,

What's with the avatar? That doesn't appear to be any of the a/c you list as having flown.

-Blucher:confused:

[FONT=&quot]First of all, a college degree is preferred at Horizon, not required. So, those of you without college degrees can stop feeling sorry for yourselves unless you don’t have a high school diploma either. Second, I'm really tired of people on this forum without college degrees complaining about companies that give preferential hiring to those of us who do. Gee I wonder who a company would choose to hire: a person with good flying skills, great personality, and no former education? Or a person with good flying skills, great personality, and a 4-year degree? [/FONT]

QX has some sick hiring practices. While frieghtdogs, good instructors are not getting hired, people with UND connection get there at 300ish hours.. All that for soon to be reduced wages and 7 year upgrades?

Ah so that's the real reason I didn't get hired!

[FONT=&quot]First of all, a college degree is preferred at Horizon, not required. So, those of you without college degrees can stop feeling sorry for yourselves unless you don’t have a high school diploma either. Second, I'm really tired of people on this forum without college degrees complaining about companies that give preferential hiring to those of us who do. Gee I wonder who a company would choose to hire: a person with good flying skills, great personality, and no former education? Or a person with good flying skills, great personality, and a 4-year degree? [/FONT]

Amen.

Fedex won't hire me because I don't meet their mins - even though I'm a really great guy and have lots of experience and am educated and am really personable and I know people who know people.

I still don't meet their requirements. Guess I'll just have to work towards that goal instead of berating them.

guys, get your 4 year degree. it took me 9 years to get mine working fulltime. nothing is promised to you in this biz, have a backup plan always and your degree is it.

They're a lot of guys out there with good flying skills great personalities that don't have a degree.

Hey, I feel your pain. My own son fits that mold...it's very disappointing.

It's my understanding the Chief Pilot was a UND graduate. In addition, QX and UND have an agreement regarding their training curiculum/program. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Having a degree is a preference and not a requirement. The Chief Pilot recently sent me an email to inform me that he would not accept resume's from candidates without some form of a degree. :confused:

JMTC

Last edited:
MALRS,
I have two degrees, I didn't even bother applying though. I have had friends that were rampers who told me about people who were hired directly from GFK.
A budy of mine who is a frieghter with 4 year degree didn't even get the call; another person with way above mins didn't get the call; then again some CFIs that I interviewed are so stuck on "I am in this thing for a month or two, after that i will go to Horizon" deal..
Horizon is a nice company, but there is sure too many UNDers with attitudes there..
(Oh yeah, didn't the CP's daugther go there too) :)

Hey, I feel your pain. My own son fits that mold...it's very disappointing.

It's my understanding the Chief Pilot was a UND graduate. In addition, QX and UND have an agreement regarding their training curiculum/program. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Having a degree is a preference and not a requirement. The Chief Pilot recently sent me an email to inform me that he would not accept resume's from candidates without some form of a degree. :confused:

JMTC

Chief Pilot is a UND grad, but I'm not sure about the training curriculum being something Horizon has a say in. Most of the CFI's at UND I know hired there deserved it. They were hard workers and great pilots.

I understand how some people would become frustrated because they haven't been called to interview. Tough crap. Horizon's business is none of my own. As a company, they can do whatever they want.

I think the reason they keep coming back, UND grads stay longer from what I hear(thus reducing training cost), and have passed training without problems. If this program had not proven sucessful, I'm sure QX would have ended it a long time ago. But it hasn't, so they'll continue to hire UND grads at reduced mins until there's a problem with it.

Latest resources

Back