• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QX -400 News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One captain mentioned the rumour idea that they would move all the 200's to PDX when they get rid of 9 of them and close SEA as a 200 base. Do you think there is an validity to such a rumour?

Icelandair said:
One captain mentioned the rumour idea that they would move all the 200's to PDX when they get rid of 9 of them and close SEA as a 200 base. Do you think there is an validity to such a rumour?

Based on how long it took to get rid of the Metros, Dorniers and Fokkers, I bet the "remarketing" of the 200's takes significantly longer than currently envisioned by management.

I might be wrong, but it's hard to imagine our operation without a SEA base, whether 200, or ultimately 400, or both.

dispatcher121 said:
I also wanted to point out that SOME of your DX'ers (the ones who actually care about you) are add fueling suggestions in the comment section of your releases to attempt to save fuel. It's just a little added bonus to let you know we care! :)

Keep it up! I appreciate it. Giving us the round trip fuel on every release would go a long way. Maybe even the amount of fuel we could take with the planned passenger load......of course the stupid captains (or unfortunate ones) would overfuel and get to write an apology letter to the MPS office:angryfire

dispatcher121 said:
Actually (I'm prolly going to be giving away my identity here) I DO give r/t fuel from a tankering base. I also give max fuel load based on planned payload for the big birds.​

I know you do, and I appreciate it:beer:​

to the person that responded to my question about the Q200 and Q400 type I appreciate the response. I am not a pilot currently and know almost nothing about the Dash 8.

Adam

Question

2 questions for you Turboprop guys/gals:
1.) What altitude can the Q400 cruise at? I read FL 250 with 270 optional.

2.) What altitude do you guys normally cruise at during regular line operations.

Thanks!

QueensPilot said:
2 questions for you Turboprop guys/gals:
1.) What altitude can the Q400 cruise at? I read FL 250 with 270 optional.

2.) What altitude do you guys normally cruise at during regular line operations.

Thanks!

1. The Q400 is limited to FL250 and the only reason is because of no drop down masks.

2. Depends on a lot of things. A/C, WX, fuel, routing, etc.

dispatcher121 said:
Actually (I'm prolly going to be giving away my identity here) I DO give r/t fuel from a tankering base. I also give max fuel load based on planned payload for the big birds.

Just make sure you know the fuel price first... ;) It's been 'suggested' the last few days to tanker to r/t the OKC turns out of Denver... After a bit of digging turns out the fuel is actually cheaper in OKC. oops.

With all this talk from dispatchers about fueling why did I have to call 5 times last week on a 4 day trip to amend the release to show no ALT so we wouldn't need gas at an out station? I'm more proactive then most about this, but can you imagine how many "lazy" CAPT's are not calling dispatch and buying gas when they didn't need to because dispatch has an ALT listed when we didn't need one. Just my 2 cents, are dispatchers are great.

Latest resources

Back