Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

petebest

Came across this gem on page 50 of Kenn Ricci's book, "Management by Trust":

"...This principle also means honoring your commitments and obligations to your employees. If you promise a raise, you must give it, and you must remember to give it before the employee reminds you...."

How many times has KR told the Flight Options pilots that they were to be the highest paid in the industry? Why has he subsequently stonewalled at the negotiating table? Why on earth would one write a book called "Management by Trust" if he can't be trusted to follow through on the simplest of promises? At yesterday's company meeting, he and Mr. Silvestro spoke of buying Gulfstreams, buying new pilot uniforms and rebranding for a fourth time with new paint schemes etc. What about paying the pilots like the professionals they are? If the company has the discretionary funds to pay for all of this, why not bring back the furloughed pilots?

After NetJets signed a contract with their pilots, their business expanded dramatically. Afterwards, Mr. Santulli and Mr. Boisture both publicly stated that they regretted fighting so hard and so long with the pilots over pay. They said that if they had known how well things were going to work out, they would have wrapped up the contract years sooner. Apparently Mr. Ricci and Mr. Silvestro are just incapable of learning from others. "Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

Came across this gem on page 50 of Kenn Ricci's book, "Management by Trust":

"...This principle also means honoring your commitments and obligations to your employees. If you promise a raise, you must give it, and you must remember to give it before the employee reminds you...."

How many times has KR told the Flight Options pilots that they were to be the highest paid in the industry? Why has he subsequently stonewalled at the negotiating table? Why on earth would one write a book called "Management by Trust" if he can't be trusted to follow through on the simplest of promises? At yesterday's company meeting, he and Mr. Silvestro spoke of buying Gulfstreams, buying new pilot uniforms and rebranding for a fourth time with new paint schemes etc. What about paying the pilots like the professionals they are? If the company has the discretionary funds to pay for all of this, why not bring back the furloughed pilots?

After NetJets signed a contract with their pilots, their business expanded dramatically. Afterwards, Mr. Santulli and Mr. Boisture both publicly stated that they regretted fighting so hard and so long with the pilots over pay. They said that if they had known how well things were going to work out, they would have wrapped up the contract years sooner. Apparently Mr. Ricci and Mr. Silvestro are just incapable of learning from others. "Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

Me thinks Mr. Ricci and company know NOTHING about trust and how to obtain it! It is no wonder we did not find his BS book on the bestsellers list!

Thank God for Owner Services

KR stated how bad things where under the last management team, and how Owners were being processed out the door but, thankfully, the Owner Services Team held things together until he and his brain trust could
turn us into the low ball "value space" fractional that we are today...
I do believe he has a passion for aviation, but doesn't care much for Pilots....or at least the Pilots that work for him. I think I know what he means by "brand partners", its a very hot iron with KR put on one, or maybe both sides of our azz. Kinda like the L on the forhead from SNL.

House of Cards

I think KR and MS must be in la la land. They can't figure out the obvious: Their pilot group is a powerful, solid entity. Those guys can do a lot to turn Flight Options around, or they can sit and watch the whole thing collapse like a house of cards. It's entirely in the hands of management. Unfortunately, they may not be smart enough to figure out the obvious.

Wasn't it Ken Ricci that said the famous quote, "I'm not a crook".
Oops, sorry that was someone else, my bad. He can't even claim that.

What KR can claim is a classic example of the term "lip service". A whole book's worth, no less. :mad: The road to Options hell was paved with Ricci's "good intentions" and the one to a contract will be covered with his broken promises. I think the Options pilots should throw his words back at him. On a billboard! :cool:

It has now been a year since KR swooped in on his white horse and swooned all the pilots over with his promises of getting things done at the negotiation table and crew meals. The pilots have been patient and listened to the promises long enough. Its go time and it needs to be finished. It is time to demand a contract that is at industry standard level. Played nice and "loved our owners" long enough. Time to be payed like professionals. Said it before. Contract or Close the Doors.

HS

I think the Options pilots should throw his words back at him. On a billboard! :cool:

Carefull!
The last pilot that pitched in and arranged Billboards got his name handed to Flops Management by the Flops IBT1108 Consultant. Pilot was suddenly targeted and fired.

:eek: That's awful! Please tell me it was just a terrible mistake?! Well that explains why you guys haven't put up another billboard. Obviously, a huge measure of discretion is necessary, but the need is clearly there. Time to dig in your heels! NJW

Carefull!
The last pilot that pitched in and arranged Billboards got his name handed to Flops Management by the Flops IBT1108 Consultant. Pilot was suddenly targeted and fired.

It wasn't "sudden", he had been a target for a long time, for reasons way beyond the billboard. That said, a new billboard with quote's from Kenn's book sounds like a great idea !!!

Latest resources

Back