Quietest Cockpit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ERJ2FLY said:
Yes, actually it does matter. Knowing how to protect your hearing means knowing in advance that you need to do so...

Its a good question, I can tell you the ERJ is pretty loud. I use a Telex with a custom earmold (unvented) and a good earplug on the other side.

Take care of your ears... they don't heal.

I agree with taking care of your ears (always wear hearing protection out on the ramp), but let's be serious, the noise level in any jet cockpit isn't going to damage your hearing one iota.

These aren't DC-4s guys.

Maybe it's not a DC4, but the CL65 still louder than any other jet i've ever flown. I wear Bose X and its still pretty darned loud.

PS - My baseline for "loud" is quite a few hours in the right seat of the Metro III and the J31.

If you think the CL-65 is loud.....

Try flying a freight Lear around in the middle of the night with leaky door seals!!!

It aint no Garret engine Turbo-prop but it certainly is anything BUT quiet.

I think even the ERJ is quieter by far than any freight Lear!

Huh!

What....I cant hear you! CRJ very nice...but load
I have flown in the jumpseat of the two...they where both load..Can't think of sitting in them all day. The new bose are very nice. I use them in the saab....very cool.

Re: Huh!

Dart said:
What....I cant hear you! CRJ very nice...but load
I have flown in the jumpseat of the two...they where both load..Can't think of sitting in them all day. The new bose are very nice. I use them in the saab....very cool.

It's spelled L-O-U-D, not L-O-A-D. Once is a typo, twice is illerti....iliitericc......ah, you just cna't spell, I mean can't spell.

LTG:D

long time! I'm a turbo prop idiot.. Sorry professor.....I will try harder next time!!

My hearing must effect my typing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back