• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Quest's PC-12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes I know they are trying to get ride of the TBM700's they are not very good a/c when it comes to everyday flying. MX is just out of control on them, when operated 5-6hours a day.

I am somewhat surprised that they have not looked at the Cessna Caravan, although much slower, it is a major hauler and is used quite a bit by other frieght operators. I can also confirm the Eclipse talk as I work for one of their Lab competitors and my boss told me this (after speaking with their boss) about 3 months back.

geronimo,
I love the 12 and you are lucky to fly it all the time
I'm moving up from a saratoga to a turbo normalized banana..but I want back in the 12 soooooo bad..LOL

Lou3 said:
I am somewhat surprised that they have not looked at the Cessna Caravan, although much slower, it is a major hauler and is used quite a bit by other frieght operators. I can also confirm the Eclipse talk as I work for one of their Lab competitors and my boss told me this (after speaking with their boss) about 3 months back.

I don't think their loads were all that heavy (pee certainly isn't that heavy) but they need speed. A caravan, like you said, can't really compete with a '700. I was in once once and we were showing 390 over the ground :pimp: .

~wheelsup

Wow, 390 over the ground is hauling butt! I was thinking more about volume out the aircraft as opposed to weight. The Navajo's that we fly are never maxed out in weight but we max out in volume quite often.

PC12Cowboy said:
geronimo,
I love the 12 and you are lucky to fly it all the time
I'm moving up from a saratoga to a turbo normalized banana..but I want back in the 12 soooooo bad..LOL

I certainly am lucky, aren't I?!? :blush: Send up a resume!

i work for the company and i heard there were 5 of them, but i have only seen 2 of them.

edit: i think they are the tbm-700's that they have, not the pc-12's. it just seems that the nose one the planes arent as pointy as the pics ive seen on the net, but what do i know? im just a newbie! i will find out and post the real stats though.

Last edited:
B-J-J Fighter said:
Where would I look for Quest job openings? I looked on their homepage and did not see pilot listed.

They don't really need to post openings. Normally you get recommended from insiders. It's not like a 'normal' freight company - there's very little turnover. I've heard they like Airnet guys, though.

~wheelsup

wheelsup said:
They don't really need to post openings. Normally you get recommended from insiders. It's not like a 'normal' freight company - there's very little turnover. I've heard they like Airnet guys, though.

~wheelsup

you are right. i have been working for them for almost eight years and it seems like alot of the employees are related, are good friends or have been there for a very long time. after the storm we had to use the planes to bring our stuff to houston and i met alot of the pilots. i just happened to talk to the main guy and told him i wanted to fly planes for quest one day and he said once i got all my requirements he would hire me. so i pretty much started on my lessons right away. although, i have a long way to go.

Latest resources

Back