• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Quest's PC-12

rubicon789

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Posts
178
Total Time
3000+
I may be wrong, but I don't think they own any. They do however own several TBM700's.
 

wheelsup

Non-Registered User
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Posts
737
Total Time
>1
rubicon789 said:
I may be wrong, but I don't think they own any. They do however own several TBM700's.

As of 1.5 years ago or so they had one and were thinking about swapping the 700's for the '12's when the leases expired. Something about mx costs...

I think they had 6 TBM's, but 1 or 2 are no longer in commission.

~wheelsup
 

100-1/2

OVER-N-DUN!
Joined
Sep 19, 2002
Posts
436
Total Time
lifer
If it was about maintenance on the TBM, they will find no shelter in the PC12.
 

big pimpn'

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2005
Posts
274
Total Time
11000+
I heard a rumor that some cargo outfit is flying freight in an older PC-12. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?
 

flyin4pennies

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Posts
152
Total Time
+4000
Pc-12

Quest has 1 PC-12.

It's true, they are trying to get out of the TBM's, but not for the PC-12. They are in the process of working out a proposal with corporate to purchase the new Eclipse 500 VLJ. They would like to see aprox. 30 to criss=cross the US.
 

wheelsup

Non-Registered User
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Posts
737
Total Time
>1
flyin4pennies said:
in the process of working out a proposal with corporate to purchase the new Eclipse 500 VLJ. They would like to see aprox. 30 to criss=cross the US.

Wow that's good news for those guys. I remember someone mentioning about those 500's ages ago. I had no idea it was a realistic deal though. Good to know!

~wheelsup
 

flyin4pennies

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Posts
152
Total Time
+4000
Some of their pilots are skeptical about the deal going through, but I talked to someone from the company last week and they had another meeting with Eclipse earlier that day.
 

rubicon789

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Posts
178
Total Time
3000+
Yes I know they are trying to get ride of the TBM700's they are not very good a/c when it comes to everyday flying. MX is just out of control on them, when operated 5-6hours a day.
 

Lou3

Minimums...Minimums!
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Posts
148
Total Time
6000
I am somewhat surprised that they have not looked at the Cessna Caravan, although much slower, it is a major hauler and is used quite a bit by other frieght operators. I can also confirm the Eclipse talk as I work for one of their Lab competitors and my boss told me this (after speaking with their boss) about 3 months back.
 

PC12Cowboy

Berry Beery Bad
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Posts
563
Total Time
3000+
geronimo,
I love the 12 and you are lucky to fly it all the time
I'm moving up from a saratoga to a turbo normalized banana..but I want back in the 12 soooooo bad..LOL
 

wheelsup

Non-Registered User
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Posts
737
Total Time
>1
Lou3 said:
I am somewhat surprised that they have not looked at the Cessna Caravan, although much slower, it is a major hauler and is used quite a bit by other frieght operators. I can also confirm the Eclipse talk as I work for one of their Lab competitors and my boss told me this (after speaking with their boss) about 3 months back.

I don't think their loads were all that heavy (pee certainly isn't that heavy) but they need speed. A caravan, like you said, can't really compete with a '700. I was in once once and we were showing 390 over the ground :pimp: .

~wheelsup
 

Lou3

Minimums...Minimums!
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Posts
148
Total Time
6000
Wow, 390 over the ground is hauling butt! I was thinking more about volume out the aircraft as opposed to weight. The Navajo's that we fly are never maxed out in weight but we max out in volume quite often.
 

Geronimo4497

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Posts
591
Total Time
2300
PC12Cowboy said:
geronimo,
I love the 12 and you are lucky to fly it all the time
I'm moving up from a saratoga to a turbo normalized banana..but I want back in the 12 soooooo bad..LOL

I certainly am lucky, aren't I?!? :blush: Send up a resume!
 

B-J-J Fighter

Royce Gracie in Action
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Posts
1,118
Total Time
>4000
Where would I look for Quest job openings? I looked on their homepage and did not see pilot listed.
 

kittygurrll

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Posts
9
Total Time
22
i work for the company and i heard there were 5 of them, but i have only seen 2 of them.




edit: i think they are the tbm-700's that they have, not the pc-12's. it just seems that the nose one the planes arent as pointy as the pics ive seen on the net, but what do i know? im just a newbie! i will find out and post the real stats though.
 
Last edited:

wheelsup

Non-Registered User
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Posts
737
Total Time
>1
B-J-J Fighter said:
Where would I look for Quest job openings? I looked on their homepage and did not see pilot listed.

They don't really need to post openings. Normally you get recommended from insiders. It's not like a 'normal' freight company - there's very little turnover. I've heard they like Airnet guys, though.

~wheelsup
 

kittygurrll

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Posts
9
Total Time
22
wheelsup said:
They don't really need to post openings. Normally you get recommended from insiders. It's not like a 'normal' freight company - there's very little turnover. I've heard they like Airnet guys, though.

~wheelsup


you are right. i have been working for them for almost eight years and it seems like alot of the employees are related, are good friends or have been there for a very long time. after the storm we had to use the planes to bring our stuff to houston and i met alot of the pilots. i just happened to talk to the main guy and told him i wanted to fly planes for quest one day and he said once i got all my requirements he would hire me. so i pretty much started on my lessons right away. although, i have a long way to go.
 
Top