• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Questions for NetJet Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
O.K., I haven't read all of these posts, but I have a question for Bear.... Why not try Citation shares or some other higher quality corporate job?

Be VERY Careful

Union negotiations are about "give and take". The general feeling is that bypass pay will no longer exist when we vote on our new NJA contract. It's an "expendable" that will probably be sacrificed for the greater good, i.e. a SOLID pay raise (sorry, but that means Captains, just like at most real companies) and basing rules.

I was in SJC two weeks ago and ran into a 4th Year Ultra F/O who had bid EVERY PIC bid out since his hire date and still can't hold left seat.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but any new hire or junior F/O had best be ready to operate the power levers with their left arm for what may be a VERY long time.

Let the "buyer" beware.

Be careful how far in advance you are thinking of being here. Waiting many years to upgrade may not be a good career choice at NJA. We have commuter style management and they are intent on keeping this place as a commuter equivalent in pay and treatment.

Remember folks, gateways are only good for the term of the contract. Anything is negotiable.

JetFumes said:
O.K., I haven't read all of these posts, but I have a question for Bear.... Why not try Citation shares or some other higher quality corporate job?

Because NJA is the only place I have an internal LOR for. And even with that I still had to attend a job fair and meet Derinda in person to get the interview. No other Fractional Operators were at the fair. I talked to SWA and AWA but nothing has come of that. I realize NJA is a risk considering a new contract is pending, but if US Airways survives I have the option of taking a job at the Mid-Atlantic division or possibly even back to mainline since I'm only around 300 numbers from recall. So I have a possible escape route if need be. NJA must realize that if they close a gateway, many of the pilots there will have to quit since there's no non-reving or jumpseating to help you commute. For the first time in 21 years of marriage my wife makes more than I do so we're sure not leaving CLT. I'm sure many pilots have family issues that would prevent them from moving.

AirBear

Got the Job

Thanks to everyone who sent me PM's and took the time to talk to me on the phone. I've been hired and start soon. Unfortunately the Ultra was the only plane available for my interview class so I'll sweat it out in that plane for 2 years then go to something nicer. As recently as last month some new hires were getting the G200 and Falcon, but that was not to be for my group.

At least I'm going into this with eyes wide open thanks to all the info I've gotten from this board.

AirBear

holy crap the ultra? man i'm so sorry. Stupid U boat.

learflyer said:
Airbear, u giving up on SWA already? I see you have your type.

I've had an app on file with them for 2.5 years with no results. I even talked to the SWA PHX Chief Pilot at a job fair. He said my resume was very competitive and didn't know why I hadn't heard anything. I think SWA has slammed the door on hiring right now, at least that's the rumor I heard. That company is going to have some problems when their fuel hedging runs out next year.

AirBear

The rumor I heard is SWA is picking up 400 pilots or so from ATA and a bunch of their 737's - just a rumor, so take this with a grain of salt. A friend at NJA just got hired ahead of the 400 (started this week). I personnally know 2 others from NJA just got hired at SWA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back